No announcement yet.

was Mary Kelly really murdered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If her name wasn't Kelly, how could she get letters from Ireland ?
    The only thing thing that surprises me, is that these letters hadn't been found in her room.
    Letters were at this time more precious than e-mails nowadays.
    Her murderer may have burnt them, or taken them away.

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
      If her name wasn't Kelly, how could she get letters from Ireland ?
      The only thing thing that surprises me, is that these letters hadn't been found in her room.
      Letters were at this time more precious than e-mails nowadays.
      Her murderer may have burnt them, or taken them away.
      The paper would have been a better fire-starter than the clothing. You know though, we don't know that there weren't letters actually because we don;t have an inventory list that is extant. I bet they weren't burned of they existed. Kelly probably stashed them inside a copy of the Baghavad Gita knowing that the police weren't as expert at reading Sanskrit as she.

Mike
      huh?

Comment

That's good fun, Mike, but if these letters had been found, they would have been produced at the inquest, or alluded to in police reports.

Comment

That's good fun, Mike, but if these letters had been found, they would have been produced at the inquest, or alluded to in police reports.
          What reports and what inquest testimony? None of it exists in its entirety. Also, if the letters had no bearing on the cause of death, why would they have been remarked upon?

Mike
          huh?

Comment

If I recall, the reference to her receiving letters was in the past tense, it may have been years before. They may have long since vanished.
            Last edited by Wickerman; 05-09-2013, 10:22 PM.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

I don't actually think it matters how old the letters were. If they were the only link to her past life I think it unlikely that MJK would have destroyed them or thrown them away. They would have been treasured.
              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Any personal letters, if found, would have been listed on the inventory compiled by Abberline, and taken to the station.
                If it was believed that some family members were due to arrive for the funeral then they might be kept until then to hand over.
                But if no-one showed, then, who knows what the police would have done with them...
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Any personal letters, if found, would have been listed on the inventory compiled by Abberline, and taken to the station.
                  If it was believed that some family members were due to arrive for the funeral then they might be kept until then to hand over.
                  But if no-one showed, then, who knows what the police would have done with them...
                  Hi Jon

Quite - and I can't see them being tamely returned to John McCarthy so that he could package them up and post them off to the family either! (As an aside whatever else, apart from letters, could she have owned that they'd have wanted anyway?)

All the best

Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X