police activity at MJK's funeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• police activity at MJK's funeral

hello all. Although not a new visitor to this Forum I am posting here for the first time and the first of many.

As regards to police activity at MJK's funeral there was obviously a lot of police there to control the crowds but do we know which actual high ranking police officers were there in attendance on that day?

S R A

Hello CJ. Welcome to the boards.

Well, we know that Sir Robert Anderson was there as well as some RIC chaps.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post

Cheers.
      LC
      Hello Lynn , thank you very much for welcoming me and your prompt reply to my post

I value your reply as it will prove helpful to me. I am working on a new graphic novel in which one of the final scenes will be set at MJK's funeral so as I adhere to the facts and not artistic licence it is important I know which detectives or officers were there at the funeral or not. I wouldn't want to place say Abberline or Reid there when they might not have been.

Thank very much though. Consider Sir Robert Anderson and those RIC chaps already penciled in!

Clive

Comment

Cheers.
        LC
        Hi Lynn

At the funeral! never heard that before.

Are you sure?

Hi ceejay75

Welcome to the board, best wishes

Comment

oops1

Hello CJ, Lucky.

Heavens! Funeral? I was thinking crime scene. So sorry.

Her funeral attendance was sparse.

Police officials? In the background, perhaps.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

Welcome ceejay75. Good luck with your graphic novel.

There is an earlier thread here, which might interest you:

The first post includes the following:

We know the amount of mourners that attended the private service[ graveside] they consisted of the female inquest witnesses, which one can hazard a guess as .
            Mrs Prater,
            Mrs Cox,
            Mrs Harvey.
            Mrs Maxwell
            Lizzie Albrook
            The sixth being a female representative of the landlord[ Mrs M perhaps?]
            One of the men was obviously Barnett, but the other could be amongst the following.
            Dan Barnett, Joseph Fleming, Morganstone, one of Kelly's brothers, the mysterious Mr Lawrence, or of course the clergyman, the latter is eliminated owing to the wrong clothing depicted...although I should point out that he was referred to as a ''giant of a man'', which if one looks at the sketch may well depict the man to the front as being quite large ,, and 6'7'' Fleming would have fitted that description...

Hope that helps,

Phil

Comment

This long article (post #1) about Kelly's funeral might be of interest

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lucky View Post
                Hi Lynn

At the funeral! never heard that before.

Are you sure?

Hi ceejay75

Welcome to the board, best wishes
                Hi Mr Lucky , thank you for your best wishes

Comment

Hello CJ, Lucky.

Heavens! Funeral? I was thinking crime scene. So sorry.

Her funeral attendance was sparse.

Police officials? In the background, perhaps.

Cheers.
                  LC
                  hello Lynn

yes judging from what we know and the press picture. Her funeral attendance was sparse. There is no doubt in my mind that there were indeed detectives present. As to which ones I may have to speculate

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H View Post
                    Welcome ceejay75. Good luck with your graphic novel.

There is an earlier thread here, which might interest you:

The first post includes the following:

We know the amount of mourners that attended the private service[ graveside] they consisted of the female inquest witnesses, which one can hazard a guess as .
                    Mrs Prater,
                    Mrs Cox,
                    Mrs Harvey.
                    Mrs Maxwell
                    Lizzie Albrook
                    The sixth being a female representative of the landlord[ Mrs M perhaps?]
                    One of the men was obviously Barnett, but the other could be amongst the following.
                    Dan Barnett, Joseph Fleming, Morganstone, one of Kelly's brothers, the mysterious Mr Lawrence, or of course the clergyman, the latter is eliminated owing to the wrong clothing depicted...although I should point out that he was referred to as a ''giant of a man'', which if one looks at the sketch may well depict the man to the front as being quite large ,, and 6'7'' Fleming would have fitted that description...

Hope that helps,

Phil
                    Hello Phil , thank you very much for your best wishes and wishing me good luck with my graphic novel.

Thank you for also posting me an earlier thread. I do agree with the who's who of mourners at the private service. The two men are most certainly Joe Barnett for one and I believe the other Joe and Fleming for the other. The sketch like you say does depict a very tall man and Fleming answers that description. One can only imagine what the atmosphere was like with two former lovers paying their respects. If the two men were both Barnett and Fleming it seems they tolerated each other.

As for detectives in the background. I would be surprised if Abberline and Reid were not there. Not only are they still pursuing a murder investigation but they need to be seen taking it seriously by the public

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Scott View Post
                      This long article (post #1) about Kelly's funeral might be of interest

http://www.jtrforums.com/showthread.php?t=16182&page=2
                      hello Chris nice to meet you Love your book, 'Will the real Mary Kelly?..'

Yes that long article is very interesting and very helpful indeed. Thank you Almost like a snapshot of the day itself and really captures the atmosphere of the event

Comment

So who's going to post that picture then?
                        allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                          So who's going to post that picture then?
                          hello Stephen , said picture is knocking about somewhere I will see if I can refind it.

What is abundantly clear and central in the picture is a tall man crouching down as if paying his respects to the deceased. It fits the description of 6'7 Joseph Fleming to a tee. The artist is drawing as he saw this private attendance in life and I can't see any reason why he should exagerate height in this picture unless one of those present was indeed an exceedingly tall man. None of the other attendees seem to match the person's height so this fellow is standing out from the crowd so to speak

Comment

Hi Ceejay75,
                            I have been referring to the height depicted in that sketch on Casebook for years, and at last I have found someone who actually agrees with that observation..
                            Many of the good folk on this site suggest it is a illusion, but that is not an assumption that I agree with, and it seems that I am finally not alone.
                            If indeed the tall person is Fleming , and this is the person certified insane , under the alias James Evans, then the alleged grave spitting incident is not without possibility.?
                            But that is taboo amongst the majority of us..I stand alone.
                            Regards Richard.

Comment

Hi CJ
                              many thanks for your kind message - much appreciated
                              Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X