No announcement yet.

Mary Kelly's return to Pennington Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The term 'Strange man'' was used again by some woman informing Mrs M there was a ''Strange man' up the court this morning. was the killer noticeable due to his appearance,?
    Regards Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

Anything’s possible, but that seems pretty unlikely to me. 2s for a bed is three times what it would have cost for a double in a Spitalfields doss house. And unless it was at the very beginning of Kelly and Barnett’s relationship wouldn’t he have been introduced to Mrs McCarthy? And might he not have mentioned Mrs McCarthy in his statements/evidence?

It seems unlikely regardless of who the "strange man" was. 2s a night is a high price, so if she was renting for 'immoral' purposes, how much was the punter paying?
      She'd have been well on her way to racking up a debt with McCarthy for number 13 by then too, but she's happy to spend 2s on a room for the night?
      Would Barnett have been introduced? As you say, it might have been early into the relationship, but the report suggests it's more recent to her murder, but Mary's ways and motives are a mystery, so who knows?
      Barnett might have mentioned Mrs McCarthy if asked, but I imagine an odd night at another doss wasn't massively relevant at that time.
      I'd lean towards it being someone other than Barnett, but the ' some short time ago' is suitably vague. It could have been six months. If it's pre Barnett, the significance is somewhat reduced. Another interesting tidbit in the smorgasbord that is newspaper reports.
      ​​​​​​
      Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

I'd lean towards it being someone other than Barnett, but the ' some short time ago' is suitably vague. It could have been six months. If it's pre Barnett, the significance is somewhat reduced. Another interesting tidbit in the smorgasbord that is newspaper reports.
        ââââââ
        Here's a wild speculation. What if it was Nov 10? MJK was spotted by witnesses apparently after the time of the murder. Would fit nicely into Dave's theory. She has succeeded in obtaining blackmail money from Sutton and fakes her murder, ensuring the body is unrecognisable, and escapes with the murderer to avoid being followed by Sutton. Checks in with Mrs McCarthy who never sees her again. Over to you Dave.

Cheers, George
        They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
        Out of a misty dream
        Our path emerges for a while, then closes
        Within a dream.
        Ernest Dowson - Vitae Summa Brevis​

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

Nope.
          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
            Nope.
            No need to be long winded Dave. Just give it to me straight.

Cheers, George
            They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
            Out of a misty dream
            Our path emerges for a while, then closes
            Within a dream.
            Ernest Dowson - Vitae Summa Brevis​

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

Working...
            X