MJK1 Camera Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJK1 Camera Position

Sorry if I'm starting too many threads about MJK but this subject is different from the "MJK1 & MJK3 Don't tally" thread. So...

After playing around with my 3D model of No.13, I've concluded that the MJK1 photo was probably taken through this pane (or from this spot) of the big window:

And because I like to play! I travelled back to 1888 to take this:

Thanks
    R
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

".....a photographer, who, in the meantime, had been sent for, arrived and took photographs of the body, the organs, the room, and its contents."
    Times, 10 Nov. 1888.

"..The photographer who had been called in to photograph the room and the body removed his camera from the premises at half-past four,..."
    Morning Advertiser, 10 Nov. 1888.

Although we have nothing specific to say the photographer was inside the room, the quotes above certainly indicate such was the case.
    And, I doubt a camera placed at a window would be adequately placed to photograph the contents of the room to the left and to the right of the window.

The press seem to have been under the impression the photographer was indeed inside the room.

The red lines on this pic were just rendered so to draw attention to the fact that the bed was even drawn here as if away from the passage wall. The floorboards run behind the headboard.

Regards, Jon S.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Although we have nothing specific to say the photographer was inside the room, the quotes above certainly indicate such was the case.

The press seem to have been under the impression the photographer was indeed inside the room.
      That's why I said "or from this spot". The camera could have been placed on this sill or on a tripod at this spot.

The red lines on this pic were just rendered so to draw attention to the fact that the bed was even drawn here as if away from the passage wall. The floorboards run behind the headboard.

Regards, Jon S.
      Yep and here's an aerial shot of the relative positions of the bed, table and camera to show the bed well away from the passage wall.

And, I doubt a camera placed at a window would be adequately placed to photograph the contents of the room to the left and to the right of the window.
      But a camera placed at this window or "from this spot" would be sufficient for taking MJK1 I would maintain.
      JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
      JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
      JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

Working...
      X