Mary's Chemise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary's Chemise

Was the chemise that Mary was wearing what today we would consider to be sexy lingerie or was it a more practical every day type garment?

Also, if it were the former, you would think they would have asked Barnett what Mary usually wore to bed since this seems to be indicative of dressing for a client.

Any help on this would be appreciated as my knowledge of ladies' undergarments is limited...Oh God, how I wish that were not the case.

c.d.

Hi c.d.

I'd say it was a simple night-shirt, rather than sexy lingerie. The latter would have been quite superfluous to requirements considering the likely nature of her majority client base, i.e. shabby locals.

Ben

Comment

This is a Victorian Chemise.

One of many styles.
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Thanks Ben and Wickerman.

You know women's underwear. Given the men who post on here and their apparent lack of knowledge in this area, I wasn't expecting a lot of responses.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
          Thanks Ben and Wickerman.

You know women's underwear. Given the men who post on here and their apparent lack of knowledge in this area, I wasn't expecting a lot of responses.

c.d.
          I'd be more than happy to research further,......no trouble...
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

regalia

Hello Jon, CD. I'm afraid you have the better of me. I haven't worn one in years. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

LOL... that's a good one Lynn. Next time I try to make my bedroom activities last a little longer, I'll picture that in my mind... ought ta do the trick.

Although a little different, men did wear 'nightshirts' sometimes, complete with cap, to bed during Victorian times.
              Best Wishes,
              Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Wow, Victorian chemises were sexy! Poor guys...

Comment

Working...
                X