Mary Kelly 2012 Memorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Kelly 2012 Memorial

I get to be the one to begin this year's annual memorial thread to Mary Jane Kelly on the anniversary of her death. 124 years ago tonight, something equally mysterious as it was horrific happened in that little room in Miller's Court. Little understood and so savagely murdered, she could be considered London's equivalent of the Black Dahlia.

I've stood on Mary's Corner in front of the Ten Bells, imagining her looking up at the spire of Christchurch as she plied her trade and wondering what her thoughts and feelings might have been, and I've visited her grave. Both very sad places.

Rest in peace Mary Jane, whoever you were.

Rip Mjk.

Comment

RIP Mary Jane Kelly. Such a sad end and a real tragedy her killer will likely never be found.

Comment

Is it really 124 years since the poor woman met her end, I recall thinking way back in 1965 , its 77 years.
        Rest in peace Mary.
        Richard.

Comment

RIP Mary, whoever you are...God bless

Dave

Comment

RIP, Mary. Perhaps more important than identifying your killer, maybe someday we will have a picture of who you were in life, such that your life can be better celebrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
              RIP, Mary. Perhaps more important than identifying your killer, maybe someday we will have a picture of who you were in life, such that your life can be better celebrated.
              Amen to that.

Regards, Bridewell.
              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Rest in peace, Mary, woman of mystery.
                Christopher T. George
                Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

RIP Mary, You are gone but certainly not forgotten. One day we all hope to find some resolution to all of this and hope one day to have a picture of you.

Comment

Working...
                  X