Limerick, the Key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
    Hello Debs. Yes. But since they seem not to have . . .

Cheers.
    LC
    It was claimed that her family was reasonably well-to-do, presumably by East end standards?
    Is it possible the police located them but they requested anonymity?

Regards, Jon S.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• anonymity

Hello Jon. I'll meet you half way. SOMEONE requested anonymity.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

• Well Lynn, thats as far as I'm going down that road seeing as this is all conjecture. So long as the "visible" absence of the family can be accounted for by reasonable means.

There was a "small crowd of people" permitted inside the closed cemetery gates, but remained some distance from the grave.
        The mass of onlookers were kept outside the gates.

It is difficult, I think, to accept that not one of her family appeared at her funeral, but I can easily imagine a lone? representative (or small group, 2-3?) keeping a respectable distance, but again thats conjecture.

Regards, Jon S.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• shocking

Hello Jon. Thanks.

"It is difficult, I think, to accept that not one of her family appeared at her funeral."

I would call it shocking. And yet . . .

Perhaps some day a reasonable explanation will be found. I have seen none to date.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

Perhaps some day a reasonable explanation will be found. I have seen none to date.

Cheers.
            LC
            Ah, but a "reasonable explanation" for none being in attendance, or a "reasonable explanation" for none being noticed?

Regards, Jon S.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Hello Jon. Thanks.

"It is difficult, I think, to accept that not one of her family appeared at her funeral."

I would call it shocking. And yet . . .

Cheers.
              LC
              You mean it's unreasonable to suggest that Mary Kelly was an alias, and that consequently no relatives realised who she was?

I'm confused.

Love,

Caz
              X
              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• So is the Henry Johnston lead completely dead now? If so, I honestly can't recall why.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                  So is the Henry Johnston lead completely dead now? If so, I honestly can't recall why.
                  Nor can I, but a Kelly lead which goes nowhere is par for the course.

Regards, Bridewell.
                  I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                    So is the Henry Johnston lead completely dead now? If so, I honestly can't recall why.
                    Ditto Michael Kelly. What do we want? He's got the right surname, in the right regiment and his mother is still living in Ireland. ?

Comment

• I Missed It

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
                      Ditto Michael Kelly. What do we want? He's got the right surname, in the right regiment and his mother is still living in Ireland. ?
                      Hi Debs,

I've obviously missed something here. Can you enlighten me?

Regards, Bridewell.

Comment

• funeral attendance

Hello Jon. The former.

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

• late reply

Hello Caroline.

"You mean it's unreasonable to suggest that Mary Kelly was an alias [?]"

Not at all.

" . . . and that consequently no relatives realised who she was?"

Did they not read the papers? Did they not correspond with her?

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

• Sorry Wickers

You see...this is my problem...If Mary Kelly's a false name, SOMEBODY must've known it, to be able to send her letters...so if it wasn't Ma (and research in Ireland, Wales and via "the brother in the Scots Guards" seems to suggest not) then the letters presumably don't come from family at all, and perhaps originate from a lover...

In which case, as far as MJKs identity is concerned, we are, on present evidence, right royally screwed are we not?

All the best

Dave

Comment

• False Name

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                              You see...this is my problem...If Mary Kelly's a false name, SOMEBODY must've known it, to be able to send her letters...so if it wasn't Ma (and research in Ireland, Wales and via "the brother in the Scots Guards" seems to suggest not) then the letters presumably don't come from family at all, and perhaps originate from a lover...

In which case, as far as MJKs identity is concerned, we are, on present evidence, right royally screwed are we not?

All the best

Dave
                              Hi Dave,

It is quite possible. I think, that Mary Kelly is not a false name. There has been no positively identified birth or census record, but that doesn't prove that she didn't live under that name, only that she appears not to be recorded under it. Perhaps she was part of an Irish itinerant family. That would explain the absence from official records, I think. It may be a false name, but I don't rule out the possibility that the one true thing she said about herself was her name.

Regards, Bridewell.

Comment

• Hi Colin

You may be right I guess...I'd be delighted if you were in fact! But I fear you're not...

Every good wish!

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X