Heartless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
    An article that discusses the events surrounding the murder of Mary Kelly, which took place in Miller's Court, off Dorset Street on the 9th of November 1888.

I note that in the article Supt Arnold states that the heart was found in the room
    Indeed, Arnold says it was on the table with her kidneys.
    Whereas, Dr Bond`s post mortem notes state that the kidneys were under head.
    Last edited by Jon Guy; 11-11-2016, 05:24 AM.

Comment

I note that in the article Supt Arnold states that the heart was found in the room

www.trevormarriott.co.uk[/QUOTE]

Trevor and Jon,

Apart form the discrepancy mentioned by Jon the major issue with this report is that it also claims:

"Mr. Arnold entered by the window, and a horrible and sickening sight presented itself."

which appears to be inaccurate to say the least.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
        "Mr. Arnold entered by the window, and a horrible and sickening sight presented itself."
        Did Supt Arnold have an unfortunate split in his trousers ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
          The article was LLoyds weekly Nov 11th

The point being, is that it is statement from another police officer who was at the crime scene adding even more corroboration to the fact that the heart was not taken away.

How much more evidence is need to convince people ?

Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 11-11-2016, 06:50 AM.

Comment

The point being, is that it is statement from another police officer who was at the crime scene adding even more corroboration to the fact that the heart was not taken away.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
            Trevor,

Just because he was there it does not mean the report is accurate.

It is certainly wrong on 1 point- he did not, as far as we know, enter via the window.

And probably wrong on a 2nd- Bond states the kidneys were under her head not on the table.

Forget the heart issue for one moment, several details in this report are wrong, the report cannot be said to have a high level of reliability.

You are really selling yourself a Lemon to attempt use this report as support, for any theory at all.

steve

Comment

How much more evidence is need to convince people ?
              None, I think you`ve finally put the Kelly`s heart issue to bed, Trevor.

Comment

Seriously?

Based on this report Jon?

Steve

Comment

huh?

"...and the heart absent."

Comment

huh?
                    Seriously?
                    Steve, Abby ....... ;-)

Comment

Steve, Abby ....... ;-)
                      got it.lol

Comment

Steve, Abby ....... ;-)
                        Took you literally, silly me.

steve

Comment

Seriously?

Steve
                          No based on several different witness corroborative statements, two from senior police officers who were at the crime scene. Insp Reid in charge of CID and Supt Arnold in charge of all H division.

Add to those the press reports. As I asked what else is needed for it to be accepted as fact.

Comment

No based on several different witness corroborative statements, two from senior police officers who were at the crime scene. Insp Reid in charge of CID and Supt Arnold in charge of all H division.

Add to those the press reports. As I asked what else is needed for it to be accepted as fact.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                            Trevor,

You are using this report are you not?

simple yes or no?

If not please provide the report of Arnold you are using?

No arguments here about memory lapses, primary or secondary sources. This report is clearly demonstrated to be unreliable by the mistakes it includes.

Or are you going to argue Arnold did climb in via the window and the kidneys were on the table?

Steve

Comment

Thomas the Rrrrrrrrrrripper!

Comment

Trevor,

You are using this report are you not?

simple yes or no?

If not please provide the report of Arnold you are using?

No arguments here about memory lapses, primary or secondary sources. This report is clearly demonstrated to be unreliable by the mistakes it includes.

Or are you going to argue Arnold did climb in via the window and the kidneys were on the table?

Steve
                                Yes I am using this article is that a problem to you ?

I wonder if it had contained a statement saying the heart was missing would you be so quick to dismiss it ? You woulndt you would be ramming it down my throat. But because it goes against your beliefs, and others it is regarded as unreliable

I accept that window part is incorrect, however we know the broken window was an important part of the finding of the body, and he does then say that the door was forced.

What has to be remembered is that I suspect Arnold was speaking from memory,and Bonds observations were being written down at the time and that is where we have the ambiguity with Bonds statement.

But importantly Arnold does refer to the heart being present, and he is also correct about naming the other organs found in the room. So it is not correct to dismiss the full content of the article. Also taking into account errors perhaps made by the interviewer.

Comment

Working...
                                X