Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJK & Eddowes - WARNING - Graphic images

I guess others may have noticed the similarities of the V shaped cuts
    that are for certain on Kate Eddowes face and possibly the same style of cut found on the back of MJK's left hand.

The possible same V shape wound on Kelly's hand became more apparent when enhancing the CS photo known as MJK3 then comparing the Eddowes photo together.
    I say 'possible' as I'm working on low res images.

Here are the images for you to consider.
    Attached Files

Thanks sgh. Looking at all those makes me wonder if those cuts could have been made by a tool of some kind or by something on the hilt or handle of the knife.
    Last edited by sdreid; 01-28-2011, 12:42 AM.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
      Thanks sgh. Looking at all those makes me wonder if those cuts could have been made by a tool of some kind or by something on the hilt or handle of the knife.

Sam Flynn (Gareth) explained how the V cuts to Eddowes face was made a while ago, and it's quite logical.
      He explained that the point of the knife was simply pushed at a tangent into the skin.
      You can replicate this V shape cut simply by taking an apple and a pointed knife
      then holding the knife blade flat to the apple, push it into the skin.
      There's the V shape!
      Many thanks for your reply.

Comment

Hello sgh,

As much as I admire what you are trying to achieve re the photos, I would like to point out that I, for one, and some others, do not rate that particular MJK photo as real.

With regard to the photos in general here on Casebook, I can only recommend that, as far as possible, copies of the original photos from the official archives give a far clearer picture.

with best wishes

Phil
        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
        Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
          Hello sgh,

As much as I admire what you are trying to achieve re the photos, I would like to point out that I, for one, and some others, do not rate that particular MJK photo as real.

With regard to the photos in general here on Casebook, I can only recommend that, as far as possible, copies of the original photos from the official archives give a far clearer picture.

with best wishes

Phil
          Hi Phil,
          Good advice
          I'm making efforts to see the originals at the NA at Kew and have copies made.

Best
          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by sgh View Post
            Sam Flynn (Gareth) explained how the V cuts to Eddowes face was made a while ago, and it's quite logical.
            He explained that the point of the knife was simply pushed at a tangent into the skin.
            You can replicate this V shape cut simply by taking an apple and a pointed knife
            then holding the knife blade flat to the apple, push it into the skin.
            There's the V shape!
            Many thanks for your reply.
            I thought about that but in that case wouldn't the flaps of skin have been elevated rather than flush? Skin is much tougher than an apple. I guess I need to try it on some raw chicken.
            This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi sgh,

I see more of a "defensive" type single stab wound more than a "V" shape.

The enhanced photo makes the hand look even more like a right hand than before though, but I digress.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryd View Post
                Hi sgh,

I see more of a "defensive" type single stab wound more than a "V" shape.

The enhanced photo makes the hand look even more like a right hand than before though, but I digress.
                Hi Jerry,
                Yes, the hand does look like a right hand due to the little finger curling and thus looking like a thumb. However it is positively her left hand. I proved that with
                a point to point reference photo of my missuses hand in a thread somewhere here on the MJK board.

Comment

Working...
                X