Photo of Mary Kelly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all-
    These pics are quite commonly available though aren't they.....
    But....
    Actually I did a bit when I saw this thread start...Whatever she was- Mary wasn't an 'er shall we say 'bulky behind' woman as seen in the Flower and Dean pic Well she may have been but i think that back view (!) is a tad more Martha or Annie...

Come on chaps......it's unlikely (but sneakily possible it was.....gawd I hope it's not!....one of the C5)

..I MUST admit though I love the idea of 'The Girls!(maybe not the C5!!!' following the photographer around ...taking their pinnies 'ats on and off....and smiling or not smiling........an enchanting idea!!!!......sadly unlikely!!!

Ooooooooh well... I Just KNOW (or just have a feeling )that there's some other Miller's Ct pics lurking in someones attic/cupboard or whatever and that nags away with me...................aaaaaaaaaaaa

Suz x
    Last edited by Suzi; 03-15-2008, 06:52 PM.
    'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	F and D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	653042

Name:	F and D 2.jpg
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	653043

These are they....I hate to say it.........it's NOT the same woman!

Wonderful photographs but sadly not 'Spot the C5' pics

That table on the right in the Dorset Street pic looks like a dodgy cove though!!!!

Suzi x
      Last edited by Suzi; 03-15-2008, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Mind you these three look a tad dodgy.......

Name:	F and D 3.jpg
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	653044
        Joking apart........ could be anyone!!!!

(Maybe Jack in Drag)

Sigh.........just a thought.......all daftness aside..... it's a great pic that one!!

Suz x

Comment

Originally posted by Suzi View Post
          Hi all-
          These pics are quite commonly available though aren't they.....
          But....
          Actually I did a bit when I saw this thread start...Whatever she was- Mary wasn't an 'er shall we say 'bulky behind' woman as seen in the Flower and Dean pic Well she may have been but i think that back view (!) is a tad more Martha or Annie...

Come on chaps......it's unlikely (but sneakily possible it was.....gawd I hope it's not!....one of the C5)

..I MUST admit though I love the idea of 'The Girls!(maybe not the C5!!!' following the photographer around ...taking their pinnies 'ats on and off....and smiling or not smiling........an enchanting idea!!!!......sadly unlikely!!!

Ooooooooh well... I Just KNOW (or just have a feeling )that there's some other Miller's Ct pics lurking in someones attic/cupboard or whatever and that nags away with me...................aaaaaaaaaaaa

Suz x

Hi Suzi,

I have the same feeling about additional Miller's Ct. pix turning up. They won't if people don't keep looking though. I sometimes think we ought to offer a reward for anyone who has pictures of the area, although how you would work that out, I don't know. Maybe post Rumbelow's photo and some of the illustrations in newspapers, etc. and ask people to look through old pictures, postcards, whatever. With all the interest that the murders aroused, I would think that other photographers might have made their way to the Court to take their own souvenir photos and those are now treasured mementos of great great grand.
          "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Mind you.........if we're going down this road/street....there is a certain similarity here I suppose...

Name:	F and D.jpg
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	653045

Name:	F and D 2.jpg
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	653046

Comment

I Know They're Out There Somewhere!!!

Hi Celesta-
              Yep I'm convinced that someone somewhere has some pictures that were probably labelled 'Not to be shown to the children' (or anyone) and have been lurking next to the water thingy in the attic for years!!

Hmmmmmmmmm But HOW to get 'em is something else again 'eh.......

Suz x

Comment

Hi Celesta, Sadly with so much of the East End blitzed to the ground in the war,I expect people just ran for their lives,leaving box's of piccies to suffer their fate....apart from my grandad,who refused to budge when Uncle Adolf came calling, as my nan had just cooked him his favourite dinner, so he sat underneath their hefty old wooden table with it's tablecloth on,and ate his tea,.....then with a saucepan on his head went to check on his beloved greyhounds,who were brought back into the house with him to sit it out under the table.....quite right,I say!

Comment

Excellent story Anna!

I recall a story of a friends Grandad who went down to the privvy at the bottom of the yard during the last war .... and when 3 hrs later he was dug out said.......''All I did was pull the chain and the whole ******* house came down!!"

Heeeeeeeeeeeee Blessim!!!
                  Lyn'll like that one!!!

Suzi
                  Last edited by Suzi; 03-15-2008, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Name:	Ant3.jpg
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	653047 Great pic!!!!!!!!!! Get this one from Gilda.........are they suspenders.......shurely not!!! Blessem!

Suz x

Comment

Great story Suzi! I wish we could find some old photo's aswell.I was just trying to think of when postcards came into being for the ordinary folk,as some of those were a bit morbid of disasters and murders etc,but I have a feeling it wasn't until just before the 1st world war,although I have tons my nan left,I don't know much about when they came into use.

Comment

That was Hubbys great grandmother and grandfather and my Dad!!!

Comment

Originally posted by anna View Post
                          Hi Celesta, Sadly with so much of the East End blitzed to the ground in the war,I expect people just ran for their lives,leaving box's of piccies to suffer their fate....apart from my grandad,who refused to budge when Uncle Adolf came calling, as my nan had just cooked him his favourite dinner, so he sat underneath their hefty old wooden table with it's tablecloth on,and ate his tea,.....then with a saucepan on his head went to check on his beloved greyhounds,who were brought back into the house with him to sit it out under the table.....quite right,I say!

Said story illustrates why I have a big old soft spot for you Brits.

Suzi, Poor guy. Oh, can you imagine!

There may be more photo plates out there which were taken from the police. It's possible. Rumbelow was astute at spotting the one of MJK's flat for what it was. Crime scene pix? Someone long ago may have gotten hold of one just as Rumbelow did. Who knows. I was thinking more along the lines of the exterior of the Court area and her flat. But Anna has a good point.
                          "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Well this will be .. he hee!

Name:	dad1.jpg
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	653049

Name:	dad2.jpg
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	653050

Name:	dad3.jpg
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	653051

Comment

Sorry about that chaps..... my PC with it's usual embugerrance took ages to get those pics up Oh well as I was saying I'm sure there are other MJK pics out there somewhere.....trouble is where......
                              Suz x

Comment

Unfortunately, arms and legs are not always reliable indicators of body size. I am attaching a picture of the "apple and pear shapes" used to generally type a woman's body. I just don't think people would have been describing her as "stout" if she were "slender".
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X