No announcement yet.

Mary Kelly - Dismembered Leg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of us are trying to sort out this mess, aren't we?!
    Unfortunately, Jukka, some posters (and authors) create confusion where there should be none – often, as Hunter seems to be implying, for the purpose of lending gravitas to unsustainable flights of fancy. If you doubt me, take a look elsewhere on this site at the names included in the list of proposed suspects.

I do find it possible, that MJK was the main target and thus … he may have had a hidden "Every breath you take, every move you make..."-attitude. And when he noticed, that she was alone...

I certainly wouldn’t discount the possibility, but think it equally plausible that the killer was simply frustrated by the hit-and-run approach of his outdoor crimes and sought to conjure a situation which afforded him the safety and privacy to fully enact the more destructive, depraved elements of his fantasy. As such, Mary Kelly may have represented the solution to a problem rather than the object of a concupiscent fixation. Either way, however, it seems inescapable that Kelly was not only known to her killer, but that her death was far from the random event that many would have us believe.

Best wishes.

Garry Wroe.

Comment

Originally posted by Garry Wroe View Post

I certainly wouldn’t discount the possibility
      Neither would I, Garry - as she is both the only victim killed indoors, and the last victim, or at least the last mutilated victim.

I therefore think that she was more than "known" to her killer, and represented more than a mere "indoors opportunity".

Amitiés,
      David

Comment

Hello David!

Well, maybe Jack had some kind of touch to the right opportunity...

And maybe feeling The Vigilance Committee being on his heels made him to change his MO,

Thus MJK thought to be safe indoors!

All the best
        Jukka
        "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Hi Garry,

This post is not for debate. I just wanted to mention that I enjoyed reading your book. The insight into the culture at that time provided an excellent backdrop to the events that followed and even though I usually treat suspect based books with gloves, you stayed with the known facts to base your opinion and I must commend you for that.
          Best Wishes,
          Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

..... but that her death was far from the random event that many would have us believe.
            Hello Gary,

Am in total agreement with you.

best wishes

Phil
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
            Accountability? ....

Comment

Many thanks, Hunter. Although it’s now fifteen years since I completed the book, I remain convinced that, in order to understand the Whitechapel Murders, it is necessary to view the crime-related facts in context of both the historical reality of the Ripper’s social milieu and the behavioural knowledge that has emerged through the study of the latter-day sadosexual serial killer. Sadly, however, whilst the likes of Neal Shelden, Phil Hutchinson and Rob Clack have done sterling work in fostering a greater understanding of the historical elements, all too many authors have been content to stick with the ‘pluck a suspect from thin air’ kind of approach which serves only to drag Ripper studies even further into disrepute.

Thanks for your kind comments all the same.

Garry Wroe.

Comment

Hello Garry!

Well, sad as it is, but Jack the Ripper has been a part of the entertainment industry for the past 122 years.

Thus there always will be researchers and "researchers". Sometimes it feels like skating in the swamp to make a separation between these two for an amateur like me!

The third group are people like those, who made "From Hell". Who collect facts to adapt them to their story!

All the best
                Jukka
                "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Excellent points, Jukka. And, contrary to the impression I may have created in an earlier post, there is definitely room within Ripper studies for a little frivolity here and there. But, on the other hand, it would be nice for the serious neophyte if (s)he could gain an understanding of the basic case-related facts without first having to wade through a swamp of scatological nonsense involving Sickert, Mann, Barnett, Maybrick and virtually everyone else who drew breath in 1888 … as well as some of those who didn’t. The one real surprise, I suppose, is that no-one as yet has proposed that the murdered women were victims of alien abduction. Still, give it time.

Regards.

Garry Wroe.

Comment

The one real surprise, I suppose, is that no-one as yet has proposed that the murdered women were victims of alien abduction. Still, give it time.
                    LOL,

I don't know why I'm laughing, it might just happen.

The first Ripper book that I read was Cullen's When London walked in terror. I was 14 at the time and it made a big impression on me. It was well written, even with the factual errors, but he had decided on Druitt as the prime suspect. Not knowing any better, I thought, "Okay". Then came Knight's book and others. It wasn't until I read The Complete JTR by Sugden, that I started to study the case on my own. I had wasted 25 years believing things that weren't necessarily true. "The whole subject is a minefield for the unwary", as Sugden put it .

We all form or own opinions about how the facts are related, but I believe as long as one doesn't stray too far from them, that person can always have a good basis to work from when analysing the many unknowns that we all have to deal with.
                    Best Wishes,
                    Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Time to waste

It all started like a ghost story in summer of 86 when Mary Jane Kelly gave me a sign of her ghostly presence through a scent of violets. This first "contact...

with a big siiiiiiigh....

Comment

Hi Hunter.

I tend to agree with Jukka’s observations in that, whilst some view the Ripper case as a source of relatively harmless entertainment, others adopt a more serious, scholarly approach. In this context, Stephen Knight’s contribution makes for glorious entertainment but is all but useless as a source of factual information. Horses for courses, I suppose.

Hi Dave.

Could you discern any evidence of axe wounds on the ghost’s leg?

That’s care in the community for you.

All the best.

Garry Wroe.

Comment

Hi Garry,

Sadly enough (at least to me), that's another French masterpiece...
                          I saw the author once on television, trying to advertise his book...and you know what?
                          It was in the French version of Wheel of Fortune !
                          Authentique.

Amitiés,
                          David

Comment

Working...
                          X