No announcement yet.

The colour photograph(s) of Mary Kelly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The colour photograph(s) of Mary Kelly?

I am struggling to find the colourized photographs of Mary Kelly and have been searching for a while on here. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
    Best regards,
    Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Originally posted by Uncle Jack View Post
    I am struggling to find the colourized photographs of Mary Kelly and have been searching for a while on here. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
    Hello UJ,

Found it.
    Thread...
    Kelly photo 1 enhanced - graphic

Post No. 59... from Ryan

best wishes

Phil
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

Comment

Woah!
      That pic scared the hell outta me!

Comment

Robert,
        Thanks. I was in a bit of a rush on the last posting and didn't link it properly.

best wishes

Phil
        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
        Accountability? ....

Comment

Not a bad job of colorization, but not as sharp as a true color photo would have been. I've always thought that if color film had existed in 1888 the pics of Mary Kelly would not be allowed to be printed as widely as they have been. They would appear perhaps only in criminology textbooks and things like that.

Comment

Hello kensei!

My knowledge of the history of photography might be a bit rusty, but if I remember correctly, the colour-photos of the LVP were tinted photos. In another words: the colours were painted on the negative!

The oldest real - so to say - colour photo system was autogram. Developed by the Lumiere brothers. Those, who remember the name of the system better, may very well correct it!

Anyway, it was probably invented too late to think about the MJK photos!

All the best
            Jukka
            "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Hello you all!

A little PS:

Has anyone made digitalized versions of the MJK crime scene photos yet?!

All the best
              Jukka
              "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Thanks for the point in the right direction
                Best regards,
                Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Working...
                X