Tour Guide's Presentation of Kelly's Murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tour Guide's Presentation of Kelly's Murder

Here's an interesting short film clip of a tour guide wrapping up his presentation during an East End walking tour. It starts with Christ Church, then Spitalfields Market, and ends up describing the murder of Mary Jane Kelly. I don't know who the tour guide is -- he seems to be doing a decent job.

My second full day in London (May 11, 2008) started off with gorgeous sunshine. Andrea and I enjoyed a fabulous breakfast at the Zetter Hotel, a cool boutiqu...

Enjoy,

Bulldog

I could bang on about what's wrong there, but I won't. Sorry Harry (for it is he).

However, it might as well be Donald McCormick doing the tour! And I don't mean just the Mary Kelly stuff.

Comment

when I visited London last week, a guy called Nick did the tour quite decently, also some bigger mistakes in there
      In heaven I am a wild ox
      On earth I am a lion
      A jester from hell and shadows almighty
      The scientist of darkness
      Older than the constellations
      The mysterious jinx and the error in heaven's masterplan

Comment

Originally posted by John Bennett View Post
        I could bang on about what's wrong there, but I won't. Sorry Harry (for it is he).
        To be fair, I've seen the other videos of this tour and everything else about the East End stuff is nicely done.

Comment

Nice to see the intestines hanging from the picture rails making an appearance!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!..Must have missed the ears on the table me- perhaps they were somewhere between the bolster and Baphy!!!!
          'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

The tour guide video

Nice job and he kept the punters happy.

John Bennett was our JTR tour guide two weekends ago and he did a very professional job, nicely balanced with factual information mixed with lighter hearted moments keeping everybody's interest right to the very end.
            A well reasearched and 'polished performance' infact, and I'm not just saying that because he's here either!

The eyeopener for me on the tour was the relatively close proximity of four of the murder sites. I've seen the maps before but it's only when you actually do the walkaround that it really hits you that whoever JTR was, he knew his way around Whitechapel and the escape routes avoiding police!

Best,
            Steve

Comment

Hi,
              He sounded quite a Pro to me, and a decent tour , at least what i have seen.
              Richard.

Comment

Apart from the picture-rail bit, he seemed an okay kind of guy to me. Who is he?

The area within the panned camera shots seems a darn sight cleaner and tidier than when I was last in that part of the world.

Graham.
                We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Don't know who he is but Philip will I'm sure

Suz x

er and the ears etc etc on the table.................. LOL
                  'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

He's Blue Badge guide Harry. Does the 'Unknown East End' walk on Sunday afternoons for Original London Walks. I think he was a former cabbie - he has a nice laid-back style and has been au fait with the area for decades apparently.

But he must get rid of the intestines bit!

Comment

Working...
                    X