MJK's brother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect it's almost certainly 'Ianto'. From Wikipedia:

Ianto is the pet form of the name Ifan which in itself is one of the Welsh forms of John.

Regards
    Timsta

Comment

ive asked this in another thread, so forgive me. having some trouble viewing certain parts of the site due to internet troubles.

where is it claimed that henry is the soldier and that henrys nickname is johnto and that he is in the 2nd btn scots guards?

joel
      if mickey's a mouse, and pluto's a dog, whats goofy?

Comment

Originally posted by joelhall View Post
        where is it claimed that henry is the soldier and that henrys nickname is johnto and that he is in the 2nd btn scots guards?
        Joseph Barnett's police statement, taken on the 9th November 1888:

"She had a brother named Henry serving in the 2nd Battn. Scots Guards, and known amongst his comrades as Johnto."
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

ah thanks sam

all i have is the inquest testimony, cant seem to get anything on the site to work properly

Comment

Can I recommend the Rippercast on Mary Kelly. There is a bit there where people have looked in to the brother. I may be doing someone a diservice but I think it was Chris Scott.
            In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Chris Scott has looked into just about everything connected with Kelly - I fully recommend his book on the subject ("Will the real Mary Kelly...?").
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                Chris Scott has looked into just about everything connected with Kelly - I fully recommend his book on the subject ("Will the real Mary Kelly...?").
                i already have this, and it is a great book. only problem is its packed in one of the boxes somewhere....

Comment

The 2nd Batn. Scots Guards moved from Wellington Barracks to the Tower in September, 1886. Assuming Kelly had a brother in 2SG, and assuming she was still working out of Pennington Street (a few minutes’ walk from the Tower) at the time, the chances of their bumping into each other seem quite high.

Comment

I was just curious about T.P Graham mentioned in Simon's post #3.

I did a quick google and perhaps he's one and the same below:

The London Gazette, November 17, 1885:

Scots Guards, Major and Lieutenant-Colonel and Colonel Thomas Philip Graham to be Lieutenant-Colonel, to command a Battalion, vice Colonel the Honourable H. T. Fraser, retired. Dated 21st October, 1885.

Martyn

Comment

I believe MJK was telling the truth on many aspects of her life because many elements ring true. One of the issues here might well be the fact many Irish records were lost in a fire in 1922. So we might be doing her a disservice believing what she said was lies when in actual fact the truth may have been lost to a fire.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.iris...says-1.4104963
                      Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
                      JayHartley.com

Comment

Working...
                      X