Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An interesting photo sketch I found online of Mary Kelly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting photo sketch I found online of Mary Kelly...

Though, it does seem a bit toned down, doesn't it?
    Attached Files
    What's all this then?

Hi Emlodik,

There is a thread, called Sickert's Mrs. Barrett, from back in the Spring. In that, you'll find a brief discussion of this drawing. It's not by Sickert, BTW.

Best,

Cel
    "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

I found one online a year or so back...it was a computer rendering I believe but it was MUCH more graphic and in color. Made you think of what it was like to walk into that room on the morning they found the body. I'll see if I can find it and post it.

Esther

Comment

Originally posted by Celesta View Post
        Hi Emlodik,

There is a thread, called Sickert's Mrs. Barrett, from back in the Spring. In that, you'll find a brief discussion of this drawing. It's not by Sickert, BTW.

Best,

Cel
        Oh, I realized it's not Barret!
        What's all this then?

Comment

Originally posted by emlodik View Post
          Oh, I realized it's not Barret!
          I just didn't know if you knew about the thread.
          "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Celesta View Post
            I just didn't know if you knew about the thread.
            I just took a look at it and didn't really find anything interesting regarding this picture.
            What's all this then?

Comment

Originally posted by Esther Wilson View Post
              I found one online a year or so back...it was a computer rendering I believe but it was MUCH more graphic and in color. Made you think of what it was like to walk into that room on the morning they found the body. I'll see if I can find it and post it.

Esther
              Hi, Esthere, do you have any idea how I could find that computer rendering?
              What's all this then?

Comment

It was actually posted here on Casebook well over a year ago. I presume the original thread was lost in the server crash earlier this year. I believe the drawing was created by a Casebook member - which one, I'm sorry to say, I cannot recall.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I will take a look for it tomorrow....have to sort through quite alot of photos so please be patient with me.

Esther

Comment

Where is the FM on the wall?

I recall seeing it on a "Google" search for MJK pictures some years ago too. I have never seen a colour version though, just the standard black and white. It would have been quite a fright to see this on that fateful morning, I believe I too would have been throwing up!
                    Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Esther Wilson View Post
                      I will take a look for it tomorrow....have to sort through quite alot of photos so please be patient with me.

Esther
                      Of course!
                      What's all this then?

Comment

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you on this but I finally found the pictures I was thinking of. But I am not sure how to properly send them to the board. I have them in photobucket at the moment..so do I just need to send a link to them or is there something else I should be doing? Thank you for your patience and help.

Esther

Comment

once you get the picture uploaded on photobucket there will be some links below the picture. Just copy the direct link and place it in a post here.
                          "Truth only reveals itself when one gives up all preconceived ideas. ~Shoseki

When one has one's hand full of truth it is not always wise to open it. ~French Proverb

Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first, it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Thanks for your help...here are the two pictures I was able to find.

Esther

Comment

Hi Esther,

The first one looks like the one Stephen Ryder (who runs the Casebook site) did several years back.

The second one I don't recall offhand, but it might have been from these boards originally.

Those link to the same site, but I enclosed them inside tags like this:
                              Code:
                              [img] put the web address in here [/img]
                              That way they show up on the thread without having to click them.

Dan Norder
                              Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
                              Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X