Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Mary Kelly killed in daylight hours.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    McCarthy, .....an entomologist?
    Not that I know of, but it doesn't stop him drawing conclusions based on observation, even if he's wrong.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Hello Darryl.
      Any ability to do what you suggest would require Dr Phillips to be an entomologist. I have never read anywhere that he knew entomology. It isn't the kind of experience that comes with being a surgeon.
      hey wick
      isn't an entomologist someone who is an expert in Ents? you know the walking trees in Middle Earth?LOL!

but seriously, you would nt need to be an entomologist to see insects, but to Daryls point, I doubt there are any flies or insects still around in November.

Comment

The 19th century version of "common sense" differs markedly from our understanding today.
        That may or may not be in the abstract but I have referred you to the Daily Telegraph which proves that the benefits of taking photographs before disturbing the crime scene must have been, and were, appreciated in 1888.

Comment

So, lets put your "common sense" escape clause aside, and answer my question.
          What difference would it have made to the investigation if Phillips had moved a chair or an arm before the photographer came in to the room?
          I've yet to see an answer to my own question Jon:

"I have already asked you – without reply - if I really need to explain to you why it would have been beneficial to have taken the photographs before anything was disturbed in the room. Let me know if you actually need this to be explained to you."

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
            Well I can tell you, Simon, that I certainly do not accept "the word" of the person who supposedly told you (whatever "the word" means) and I have many reasons to doubt them. In fact, it sounds like you have been sold a complete load of cobblers.
            Translation: If there is information I am not aware of that is in the possession of someone I don't know, its rubbish. Or cobblers, if you prefer.

Its a good thing then that you know all there is to be known.
            Michael Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
              Translation: If there is information I am not aware of that is in the possession of someone I don't know, its rubbish. Or cobblers, if you prefer.

Its a good thing then that you know all there is to be known.
              No, Michael. The translation is that there are only two possible ways that someone alive today can know anything about Special Branch operations in 1888. Either they have been told about them by someone who was told them by someone (now dead) - thus being complete hearsay and unreliable - or from documents. But if from documents, where are they? The answer is they don't exist.

I trust Simon Wood to have extracted reliable information from "some very interesting people in our secret word" - information which, of course, he can't possibly reveal - about as much as I trust Pierre to have found Jack the Ripper.

Comment

• Hi David,

That's an eloquent way of calling me a liar.

Regards,

Simon
                Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                  That's an eloquent way of calling me a liar.
                  You must have forgotten me telling you that someone was pulling your leg.

What I don't trust, Simon, is your ability to extract reliable information about Special Branch operations in 1888 from unidentified and shadowy individuals.

You are the person, after all, who claims in his book that Richard Pigott shot himself in the head in Madrid "as two detectives from Scotland Yard arrived to arrest him". Two detectives who were actually in London at the time!

Comment

• By the way was it established that Maxwell was a friend of Kelly? I have not read any.
                    Last edited by Varqm; 07-14-2017, 03:40 PM.
                    Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                    M. Pacana

Comment

• Hi David,

"Unidentified and shadowy individuals"?

You've been watching too many spy movies.

I know exactly who they were.

By the way, for the record I never suggested that Pigott was the victim of a Scotland Yard assassination squad.

That was a conclusion you leapt to all by yourself in one of your many diatribes.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi David,

"Unidentified and shadowy individuals"?

You've been watching too many spy movies.

I know exactly who they were.
                        You didn't identify them in your book though Simon. I guess these people from "our secret world" must have trusted you with their secret identity, despite you going on to publish a book in which you revealed that "Millers Court bore the hallmarks of a Special Branch operation" but of course you can't talk about that, it's top secret!

Comment

By the way, for the record I never suggested that Pigott was the victim of a Scotland Yard assassination squad.

That was a conclusion you leapt to all by yourself in one of your many diatribes.
                          Where did I leap to that conclusion Simon? Quote me doing it.

Here's what I said in my article: "Reconstructing Jack":

"He clearly does not believe that Richard Pigott committed suicide by shooting himself in the head, calling it 'an alleged suicide', despite the fact that he did so in a hotel room to the direct knowledge of two independent Spanish witnesses who were also in the room and the suicide was confirmed by a Spanish Judicial Inquiry."

You do refer to Pigott's suicide in your book as 'an alleged suicide' don't you Simon? Tell me, what is "alleged" about it?

And do you now admit to making a mistake in claiming that Special Branch's Inspector Quinn was in Spain when Pigott shot himself in the head with a pistol?
                          Last edited by David Orsam; 07-14-2017, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• Out of interest, Simon, what steps did you take to verify what you were told about Millers Court bearing the hallmarks of a Special Branch operation?

Or did you just swallow everything they said?

Comment

• Hi David,

"Wood really seems to think that Quinn and Owen formed part of a Scotland Yard assassination squad, although he does not quite say this is so many words."

Reconstructing Jack, Part 3.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Hi David,

I simply swallowed everything they said.

But as a cautionary double-check I did a Google search.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Working...
                                X