Mortuary Photographs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortuary Photographs

Hi y'all, what do other people think of the possibility of there being a MJK mortuary photo or two still knocking about? Possibly sealed in a box marked not to be opened for 100 years after my death or something?

I think they might still exist, but probably in more mundane circumstances.
    “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

I think there's a fair chance that at least one is out there. Lets hope someone didn't toss it in the trash not knowing its significance.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

To be honest, the possibility of a clear mortuary shot of MJK in the same circumstances and appearance of the others fills me with horror.

I don't doubt one was taken. I also don't doubt that if someone who knew about these things ever discovered said photo they would know straight away what it was they had. I just don't know how any of us would be able to prepare ourselves for seeing it.

PHILIP
        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Hi all,
          what makes you so "optimistic? And if another photo has been shot, do you guess it was in Miller's court or in the mortuary?

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
            To be honest, the possibility of a clear mortuary shot of MJK in the same circumstances and appearance of the others fills me with horror.

I don't doubt one was taken. I also don't doubt that if someone who knew about these things ever discovered said photo they would know straight away what it was they had. I just don't know how any of us would be able to prepare ourselves for seeing it.

PHILIP
            I guess I take your point about that Philip, although would the morticians not have cleaned her up (as far as they were able to, at least).

Still...it seems odd to me that no mortuary pics have been found of her. Human nature being what it is, you'd think people would have clamoured for such things...maybe they were just so horrific they were destroyed once they were deemed to be of no further use?

Comment

They might have taken a photo of her face in the mortuary - after the doctors had done their best to put her together again - in case her family ever showed up - though whether her family would have been able to "do a Barnett" from a mere photo seems highly unlikely.

Comment

Hello you all!

I think, that if those photos would still exist, they'd already be on these boards!

Then...

Thinking about her facial injuries, if the photos will ever show up, what could we really see, besides the scars?!

All the best
                Jukka
                "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Hello you all!

All right, here comes the facial mutilation description of Bond, Thomas Bond:

"The face was gashed in all directions, the nose, cheeks, eyebrows, and ears being partly removed. The lips were blanched and cut by several incisions running obliquely down to the chin. There were also numerous cuts extending irregularly across all the features."

Seriously;

What could the forensic people make out of this today?!

What they could have make out of it then?!

All the best
                  Jukka
                  "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Originally posted by j.r-ahde View Post
                    Thinking about her facial injuries, if the photos will ever show up, what could we really see, besides the scars?
                    ...you mean apart from a variety of initials, and the odd Baphomet or two?
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

More disturbingly, you might see the eyes.

Comment

Sorry to butt in fellows but did not Stewart Evans dscuss a missing Kelly photo a while back from a collector he got a number of letters from?

Sorry if i'm getting this wrong..just sent bells in the back of my head.

Comment

I think he did, but if I remember, nothing came of it because the chap sadly died.
                          Roll up the lino, Mother. We're raising Behemoth tonight!

Comment

I doubt it to be quite honest, as most of you know, mortuary shots were taken with the body hung on hooks or at least propped up, due to the dificulties experienced with the camera's of the time in taking photographs at angles.
                            protohistorian-Where would we be without Stewart Evans or Paul Begg,Kieth Skinner, Martin Fido,or Donald Rumbelow?

Sox-Knee deep in Princes & Painters with Fenian ties who did not mutilate the women at the scene, but waited with baited breath outside the mortuary to carry out their evil plots before rushing home for tea with the wife...who would later poison them of course

Comment

Hello Sam!

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                              ...you mean apart from a variety of initials, and the odd Baphomet or two?
                              You mean, that there is "FM" on her face too?!

My God, a new clue; in that case Jack was a dis... das... dyslexic!

All the best
                              Jukka

Comment

Working...
                              X