Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
    Single malt?
    funny you should mention single malts. Theyre great of course, but the finest scotch(or any whiskey for that matter) Ive ever had was Usquaebach blended Scotch whiskey. came in a stone flagon.

but generally my favorite whiskey is Kentucky bourbon.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      funny you should mention single malts. Theyre great of course, but the finest scotch(or any whiskey for that matter) Ive ever had was Usquaebach blended Scotch whiskey. came in a stone flagon.

but generally my favorite whiskey is Kentucky bourbon.
      Stone flagon. Sounds wonderful.

Steve

Comment

Single malt?
        A double, preferably.

Nah, just kiddin´! Yes, single malt. But don´t start me...!

Comment

I think it was on the double event thread.

Steve
          Oh, alright. I was responding to the quotations in Joshuas first post on this thread.

Do you remember what was said, I can´t seem to recall it.

Comment

Personally English Ales, wheat beers, trappist beers, good wine - full bodied red dry white and congac.
            Coffee dark roasts. Roasted in the last 7 to 10 days.

Sorry all very off topic.

Steve
            fine ales-Sammy Smiths nut brown ales or winter welcome. Sam adams Old Fezziwig.

yes same for me on wines -dry as you can get. and cognac. speaking of which-

I worked in a high end liquor store right after college and the owner was very cool and had tastings for us all the time to enhance our taste/palate.

one xmass special tasting he surprised us with the Louis XI cognac. the best one that costs thousands for a bottle. the minitures (about a shot) alone cost $300.

It was the finest thing Ive ever tasted. Liquid velvet.

BTW-wheat beers are nasty. marketing scam. foul after taste. next time you have one pay careful attention to the after taste. take a nice long belch after and you will see what I mean. Theres a reason they've primarily made beers with hops and barley for thousands of years!! Its the best way!!

Beer snobs in the know will look down their noses at you if you mention wheat beers! LOL!
            Last edited by Abby Normal; 03-31-2017, 01:11 PM.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
              A double, preferably.

Nah, just kiddin´! Yes, single malt. But don´t start me...!
              good one Fish-that was funny.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Oh, alright. I was responding to the quotations in Joshuas first post on this thread.

Do you remember what was said, I can´t seem to recall it.

Yes it's post 125
                And it the same report the Illustrated Police News 8th Sept you use for the incised cuts.

Interesting how different people view the same report.

Again it's not apparently quoting anyone.

Steve
                Last edited by Elamarna; 03-31-2017, 01:23 PM.

Comment

fine ales-Sammy Smiths nut brown ales or winter welcome. Sam adams Old Fezziwig.

yes same for me on wines -dry as you can get. and cognac. speaking of which-

I worked in a high end liquor store right after college and the owner was very cool and had tastings for us all the time to enhance our taste/palate.

one xmass special tasting he surprised us with the Louis XI cognac. the best one that costs thousands for a bottle. the minitures (about a shot) alone cost $300.

It was the finest thing Ive ever tasted. Liquid velvet.

BTW-wheat beers are nasty. marketing scam. foul after taste. next time you have one pay careful attention to the after taste. take a nice long belch after and you will see what I mean. Theres a reason they've primarily made beers with hops and barley for thousands of years!! Its the best way!!

Beer snobs in the know will look down their noses at you if you mention wheat beers! LOL!
                  Abby You are making me jealous.

I actually like the after taste, been known to describe it as a bit like cat p**.

My favourite English is nethergate old growler.

Steve

Comment

Abby You are making me jealous.

I actually like the after taste, been known to describe it as a bit like cat p**.

My favourite English is nethergate old growler.

Steve
                    LOL! cat piss! HAHAHA!. Funny you say that too-after I worked in the liquor store I got a "real" job schlepping Gallo wines. One of the managers for a high end wine store that was my customer used to call Gallo wine cat piss!!! he was actually a friend of mine and when I would come in the store he would say loudly "the cat piss salesman is here!". we used to get a good laugh at that.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Yes it's post 125
                      And it the same report the Illustrated Police News 8th Sept you use for the incised cuts.

Interesting how different people view the same report.

Again it's not apparently quoting anyone.

Steve
                      Thanks for that, Steve, just looked it up - it seems the term arrowshaped is Joshuas own, and not one mentioned in the reports. Furthermore, it is about Eddowes´ wounds, not Nichols´.

Off to bed now!

Comment

Thanks for that, Steve, just looked it up - it seems the term arrowshaped is Joshuas own, and not one mentioned in the reports. Furthermore, it is about Eddowes´ wounds, not Nichols´.

Off to bed now!
                        Yes it's joshua's wording, but the placement you use for those wounds on your diagram is your placement; it's not specified in that report.
                        And as the report Joshua is talking about is dated the 8th September I find it odd that you say it is a report on Eddowes.
                        It's the same report you quoted to me earlier this evening.

Must be a Friday night thing I guess.

Steve

Comment

To think that there were two of these rare monsters lurking about, targeting the same types of victims, in the same city, at the same time is too much of a coincidence to me. Especially at such an early time in the history of the modern serial killer. They were probably the same man.
                          But apparently the Torso Killer was targetting his victims as early as 1873.

Comment

BTW-wheat beers are nasty. marketing scam. foul after taste.
                            Some of them, yes, but that's not the case with a pure, German Hefeweizen like Paulaner, Weihenstephan or Maisels. Delicious after-taste; a mixture of banana and vanilla with a hint of cloves.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Sure, blame Mama...

[QUOTE=Fisherman;411472
                              As for the motivation part, it is going nowhere. There is a distinctive pattern of a ritualistic character, which is very, very rare (but not unheard of) involved in varying degrees in the murders of both the Ripper and the Torso series. The clearest exponents are Mary Kelly and the 1873 torso case. It goes way beyond coincidence.

And it is very apparent (sorry, I just had to do that... )[/QUOTE]

Right, the Ripper was killing middle-aged street women as a subsitute for his mother, who abused him and who he felt was a whore... yawn. I don't doubt it fits with some modern serial-killers (including one here in Colorado who selected women with long hair the same color of his mother's), but I think it is speculation on your part.
                              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                              ---------------
                              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                              ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman
                                There is a distinctive pattern of a ritualistic character, which is very, very rare (but not unheard of) involved in varying degrees in the murders of both the Ripper and the Torso series. The clearest exponents are Mary Kelly and the 1873 torso case
                                1873 Torso: "The skin and peri-cranial tissues were then forcibly drawn forward [i.e. peeled off] and the skull thus laid bare, occasional touches of the knife being necessary to remove the skin of the face... Contrary to the popular opinion, the body has not been hacked, but dexterously cut up; the joints have been opened, and the bones neatly disarticulated" (The Lancet)

1888 Mary Kelly: Facial tissues not "peeled off", but chopped like mince, with multiple (as opposed to occasional) touches of the knife... Contrary to 1873, Kelly's body was hacked, and there was no neatness - to say nothing of disarticulation - in the manner in which Kelly's femur was defleshed.

Ritualistic aspects notwithstanding, the manner of Kelly's death was very, very different from the more "accomplished" butchering of the earlier victim. If the same person had been responsible for both, it's evident that his skills had drastically diminished during the intervening 15 years.
                                Last edited by Sam Flynn; 04-01-2017, 01:55 AM.
                                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
                                X