Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Image Enhancements

New enhancements for Polly Nichols:

When you visit the link (above) you can click on each image to get a full-size version. On the full-size version, click it again to get a SUPER-SIZED version!
    These images are very high definition and not pixelated like the older versions, to the point that I've managed to visualise the hair and skin in detail.

Thanks!​
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

That is impressive.

- Jeff

Comment

Great work!

Comment

Run through DeOldify coloriser....

Click image for larger version

Name:	nichols.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	824115
        Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
        JayHartley.com

Comment

This is really impressive

Comment

Originally posted by erobitha View Post
            Run through DeOldify coloriser....

Name:	nichols.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	824115
            Maybe it's just me, I'd say you've taken 20 years off her, not that Polly would complain, I'm sure she'd be thrilled
            Does your machine offer a 'dark complexion, brown hair turning grey'?
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Excellent stuff. Though tend to agree with Wick above, it has rather enhanced Polly's look a smigin!
              Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

Originally posted by Losmandris View Post
                Excellent stuff. Though tend to agree with Wick above, it has rather enhanced Polly's look a smigin!
                You’ll have to credit RicahrdH with the youthful complexion in his render. The tool doesn’t soften or sharpen just colorises.

I can’t influence what colours come out but it can then be edited in photoshop to tweak it but I’ve not done that here.
                Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
                JayHartley.com

Comment

This comparison uses a better-enhanced image. Yes, the cleaned-up image above does look too youthful, healthy and prettified!

Name:	comparison-2.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	220.1 KB
ID:	824146

Comment

Hello all, impressive stuff. But I'm confused as to why it has closed her lips, straightened her nose, and reduced her age by about 28 years. Is it not possible to clean up the image without altering the image itself?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                      Hello all, impressive stuff. But I'm confused as to why it has closed her lips, straightened her nose, and reduced her age by about 28 years. Is it not possible to clean up the image without altering the image itself?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                      Here's a version update which is much closer to the original:
                      Last edited by richardh; 10-31-2023, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Latest:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post
                          Latest:
                          Hi Richard.

These points have been raised because we know her face was bruised. I guess we were not sure if you had intended to remove the bruises, or possibly you were not aware they were there.
                          The left side of her face had a large bruise, and the right side of her chin - you can see a black spot on the right side in your original, there's one on her left too, but the right side one was very pronounced, according to the doctors.

The bruising was consistent with a hand pressed across her face as she lay on the ground. It was portrayed in the press as below

Consistent with the hand placed..

Which also accounts for what looks like a broken nose.

Maybe we're being too particular, which in no way diminishes the fact your work is superb.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Hi Richard.

These points have been raised because we know her face was bruised. I guess we were not sure if you had intended to remove the bruises, or possibly you were not aware they were there.
                            The left side of her face had a large bruise, and the right side of her chin - you can see a black spot on the right side in your original, there's one on her left too, but the right side one was very pronounced, according to the doctors.

The bruising was consistent with a hand pressed across her face as she lay on the ground. It was portrayed in the press as below

Consistent with the hand placed..

Which also accounts for what looks like a broken nose.

Maybe we're being too particular, which in no way diminishes the fact your work is superb.
                            How about this? (Although I might have gone a bit too far with the marks!)
                            Attached Files

Comment

UPDATE:
                              I've altered her nose to make it a bit more bent/broken-looking:

As for the bruising that makes her look dirty, I don't think I can make them (the bruises) look more like bruises than dirt due to the nature of a black-and-white colour range! To be honest, I thought the marks (bruising) I added looks quite realistic.
                              Thoughts/suggestions?
                              thanks
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X