The Grisly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Lynn,

Through the yard from Winthrop Street, quick peek through the gates to see if anyone's about in Bucks Row, dump body, close gates, back out through yard into Winthrop Street, back home in time to act surprised.

Why make it any more difficult?

Regards,

Simon
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• 3 choices?

Hello Simon. Then it would seem to be Tomkins, Britten or Mumford?

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

• conspiracy of silence

Or an unholy trinity?

Dave

Comment

• Hi Lynn,

Why not?

It sure beats the non-existent Leather Apron and Jack the Ripper.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• LA

Hello Simon. Do you think that "Leather Apron" had a fundamentum in re? I am thinking of both the original "Star" piece and "The Times" take on it.

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

• Hi Lynn,

If that means did LA/JtR have no foundation in truth but varied its meaning according to changing circumstances [or political expedience], then YES, that's a big thumbs-up.

Regards,

Simon
              Last edited by Simon Wood; 05-27-2012, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Unless Lynn you were actually arguing that if JtR (or LA) didn't exist as a reality, society would have had to invent him as a reality?

If that were the case, wouldn't the unholy trinity and Richardson, in turn, be as good a fit as JI ?

(heh heh)

Dave

Comment

• Is there an "Echo" in here?

Hello Simon. Thanks. I was thinking about the various stories, sightings etc. In particular, I am thinking of an "Echo" article from 10 September in which a man answering to the description of "Leather Apron" entered a house in Holloway on Eltham (sic) Road.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

• Hi Dave,

It wasn't society who had to invent LA/JtR as a reality.

That was done for them, London-wide posters and all.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• real "Leather Apron"

Hello Dave. Well sometimes I almost think that any theory is as good as another.

I think that "Leather Apron" had some small portion of reality to him and I think of Richardson's words about the REAL "Leather Apron."

Of course, "The Star" and some other papers played this up to sell copy. I think that Mr. Begg wrote a "Rip" article on precisely this.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

• Yes Simon...but that wasn't quite this early was it?

Dave

Comment

• Hi Dave,

Think of LA as a prototype JtR.

Second time lucky.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• What kind of reality?

I think that "Leather Apron" had some small portion of reality to him and I think of Richardson's words about the REAL "Leather Apron."

Of course, "The Star" and some other papers played this up to sell copy. I think that Mr. Begg wrote a "Rip" article on precisely this.
                            I know epilepsy, in itself, is a far cry from criminality...my much esteemed former brother in law suffers from it...but Deb's recent disclosures re Richardson are making me wonder...

There are cases of mildly mentally-ill persons in whom the onset of epileptic activity actually cause violence...Back in the early seventies I used to work for a local charity in Brighton, and as part of our activities we used to try to bridge the gap between mental hospitals (as they then existed) and the outside world...I recall X a thoroughly institutionalised elderly gentleman who I'd known for a couple of years...totally personable and ostensibly gentle in every way - we'd taken him and a number of others from a local institution out for a ride around (in a minibus), for a bit of a jolly and a meal every Sunday...

I'd chatted to the gent in question about all sorts of subjects...especially railway history on which he was pretty expert...on this Sunday however, mid-ride, he suddenly suffered an epileptic fit (it was later established he'd skipped his medication) and attempted to strangle our driver (who unfortunately was negotiating the winding and steep downhill road from Ditchling Beacon down to Ditchling in Sussex)...we were fortunate that the driver that day was a particularly burly gentleman, and managed to stop the minibus just before we could drive off the edge of the road (a big drop!)...

My point is, after the incident X had no recollection whatever it had occurred...could Richardson thus be responsible for one of the JtR killings? And if so, who did Polly? Could it be five killers for five victims Lynn?

Dave

Comment

• Of course the three butchers were seperately questioned and cleared by the police at the time. But then maybe of course the police blundered. And there was no blood trail.

Comment

• violent

Hello Dave. Of course, that's possible. But Richardson seems not to be violent.

I suppose more research is needed along with evidence.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X