Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is There Little Interest in the Nichols Murder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben

I can speak only for myself - Lechmere (the poster) takes the interest in his namesake much further than I care to do. Nevertheless, I believe that the reason that Lechmere/Cross is "of interest" is that he was discovered (to all intents and purposes) standing over the body of a freshly-killed woman.

He was the only person in whole series of murders of whom this is true, yet appears largely to have been overlooked.

Phil

Comment

• Ben - I have provided numerous grounds for suspicion that people can take on board or not. I haven't said he wasn't suspicious therefore he was suspicious. I have given explanations as to why he didn't attract police attention which is a different matter.

Monty
      "Theres a lot of suggestion here. A lot."
      This is the Ripper case so what do you expect. By the way his wife's family seem to have been illiterate also.
      I deliberately use words like 'suggest' where some others (mentioning no names) tend to spice their theories up with absolutes. I think that is a more honest approach.

Rubyretro
      "Or he didn't have many clothes"
      I have thought about that and I don't it washes. He was a member of the respectable working class. He is on the electoral register and had a steady job. When he retired from being a carman he became a tea shop grocer with his own shop. When he died he left £262 in his will - a tidy sum in 1920.
      Last edited by Lechmere; 06-23-2011, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Rubyretro
        "Or he didn't have many clothes"
        I have thought about that and I don't it washes. He was a member of the respectable working class. He is on the electoral register and had a steady job. When he retired from being a carman he became a tea shop grocer with his own shop. When he died he left £262 in his will - a tidy sum in 1920.
        [/QUOTE]

Lechmere -why do you think that he stopped killing after such an escalation
        in violence , then ?

Personally, I think that the killer stopped as he had come under the Police radar..but that he would have killed again, even if he let some years elapse.
        I think that he probably moved away, and he probably died before he could start again.
        http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

• Obviously we can't know for sure, but for Cross I have what I think is a plausible reason or rationale for when he started and when he stopped - and thereafter may have got it out of his system.
          I would included McKenzie and the Pinchin Street torso but not Coles.

Comment

• It would not be implausible (IMHO) assuming for a moment that Lechmere/Cross killed at least some of the women, that he was responsible for Nichols, Chapman and Eddowes - all on familiar walk-to-work territory - NORTH of Whitechhpel High St and Commercial Rd.

He would NOT (again in MHO) be responsible for Stride or MJ Kelly, but then struck again with McKenzie.

That is just supposition, but I don't see a reason for him stopping then. Maybe his routine changed, he began to prosper... certainly if McKenzie was a JtR victim, he appears to have become "enfeebled" (I simply don't see the determination, or fury there, yet it has ALL the hallmarks of a Ripper attack - location, type of victim, attempted mutilation).

I think Lechmere/Cross is of interest, but I think we are a long way from being able to be as confident as our Lechmere seems (good on him though for some excellent arguments).

Phil

Comment

• I hope I don't come across of being 'confident' he did it!
              It is fairly easy to give Cross opportunity for Stride and Eddowes.
              He could have been visiting his mother and daughter on the Saturday night after work.
              On his way home he found Stride, got disturbed and wanted more.
              He went away from his home direction to find another. He actually would have been following his old route to work before he moved to Doveton Street a few months before.
              Found Eddowes and left the apron and graffiti on his direct route home.

Kelly was quite close to his work place.

I see Mckenzie – whoever did it – as a reflexive, going through the motions attack. Also going back to basics, back to how he started, after what he did with the Kelly murder.
              “I’ll do it but I don’t get much out of it this time”. I think it shows his declining interest in continuing rather than physical enfeeblement.

I see the torso as an attempt to get himself back ‘into it’ by trying something different, but no longer getting the same personal satisfaction.

There are personal reasons to his life why I think Cross stopped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
                Colin
                With reference to the twists and turns referred to by Robert Linford on the other site:
                http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ycle-spokes.do
                Thanks, Lechmere!

Quite tragic, indeed!

~~~

Now, the 'ten-thousand-dollar' questions:

Are you compiling some sort of formal presentation, such as a magazine article, or perhaps even a book, regarding Charles Allen Lechmere?

Are you in contact with any of the Lechmere's in East London?

If so, are they aware of the 'accepted' role that was played, by their predecessor, in the mystery of 'Jack the Ripper'?

If the answers to these questions are 'confidential', so to speak, I will certainly understand.

Comment

Working...
                X