last address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Heartme

Polly had been staying at 18 Thrawl St for six weeks, sharing a room with three other girls, until a week before her death when she was staying at the White House, 56 Flower and Dean St.

As the story goes, when she was ejected from the kitchen at Thrawl St she was far from dispirited, as she turned away laughing and asked the lodging house deputy to keep her bed as she would soon get her doss money, "see what a jolly bonnet I`ve got now".

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
      Hello Heartme

Polly had been staying at 18 Thrawl St for six weeks, sharing a room with three other girls, until a week before her death when she was staying at the White House, 56 Flower and Dean St.

As the story goes, when she was ejected from the kitchen at Thrawl St she was far from dispirited, as she turned away laughing and asked the lodging house deputy to keep her bed as she would soon get her doss money, "see what a jolly bonnet I`ve got now".
      Just think, if the pawnbrokers were still open that late, she could have popped it for the doss-money. Talking of that hat, I'd love to know how she got her hands on it. She was known to be light-fingered so I imagine she nicked it.

Comment

Working...
      X