X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sluggo
    replied
    Hello All,
    I want to thank you for your response. I had not noticed the discrepancy with Trafalgar Sq.
    I have another question. It seems odd that for the amount of time that Polly spent with Thomas Stuart Drew, that he was not called as a witness in the Inquest..

My question: Is there any history on him? Was Polly in domestic servitude with this guy?

Yours Truly,
    Suggo

Leave a comment:

• Cogidubnus
    replied
    Oh wow...

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Tom_Wescott
    replied
    Hi Sluggo, good observation. I'll have to take a gander at that myself. There are other discrepancies. For instance, she was sleeping rough in Trafalgar Square in October 1887 and not December 1887.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Leave a comment:

• Sluggo
    replied
    Polly's Lambeth Timeline

Hello,
    I have noticed a discrepancy in Polly's Timeline regarding one of her Lambeth stays.

Both her Casebook History and the Timeline state that Polly leaves Lambeth on May 12, 1888 to domestic service for Samuel and Sarah Cowdry.

How is it possible for her to be in (2) places at the same time?

The letter that she wrote to her father is dated April 17, 1888 (Part of the Inquest testimony), stating that she is settled in her new place, and all is going well.

My question: How can she be both in Lambeth from April 16, 1888 to May 12, 1888, and writing a letter to her father on April 17, 1888 from her new place about her new job?

An answer is greatly appreciated....
    Yours Truly, Sluggo

Leave a comment:

• George Hutchinson
    replied
    Chris Scott's yer man.

PHILIP

Leave a comment:

• Simon Wood
    started a topic Lambeth Workhouse

Lambeth Workhouse

Hi All,

Does anyone have a scan of Polly Nichols' entry in the Lambeth Workhouse records for the dates 16th April—12th May 1888?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Simon
Working...
X