Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Sir!

Hi All,

Presumably the moment school was over for the afternoon, all the teachers would have been in a tearing hurry to leave the area, to keep modern day ripper theorists happy in the knowledge that nobody of their status would dare hang around once it began to get dark.

Love,

Caz
    X

PS And if anyone tells me Polly's murder happened in the summer holidays I'll hit them with my ruler until they see why that would be irrelevant.
    Last edited by caz; 09-01-2008, 06:07 PM.
    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Hi Caz,

With regard to the "status" of any teacher working in that part of the East End, I'd respectfully submit that we're hardly talking aristocracy here. Though that's not to say any of them did particularly relish the prospect of being stranded there alone at night.

Cheers,
      Ben
      Last edited by Ben; 09-01-2008, 06:20 PM.

Comment

I have some fantastic letters I bought on eBay from a school governor in Whitechapel to various officials concerning how hard it was to appoint teachers in the area in the LVP because it was so soul-destroying. I'll search them out and put them up tomorrow if I remember.

PHILIP
        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Interesting read indeed me and dad had our own private tour of the board school in summer of 1995 went on the roof filming inside was let’s say a little dangerous to say the least but great adventure obtained a window handle from frame looking down durwood street
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X