Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Direction Was Polly Travelling When She Was Killed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    I haven't had the time to post in any great quantity in recent years, due to work and other pressures. That said, my capacity to reason has not diminished, and I'm sure that such points as I make are just as sensible as they ever were.
    Wouldnīt it be nice if we ourselves were the best judges of our respective capacities? Well, if you are sure, then you are sure and it follows that you must be right, so I guess I must owe you an apology. Fairīs fair.

Comment

Read Hebbert. Read Bond. Look at the Kelly photographs.

All the proof you need is there.
      Ah, good! Detailed measurings? Sketches depicting the flaps and their sizes and shapes?

I will look it up immediately. Congratulations to you; this is what you have needed for the longest!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
        Ah, good! Detailed measurings? Sketches depicting the flaps and their sizes and shapes?

I will look it up immediately. Congratulations to you; this is what you have needed for the longest!
        Don't be an ass.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Wouldnīt it be nice if we ourselves were the best judges of our respective capacities? Well, if you are sure, then you are sure and it follows that you must be right, so I guess I must owe you an apology. Fairīs fair.
          Thanks for the apology, if not for the sarcasm.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
            ok-well if Lech had issues with his step dad, the cop, and I could see a lot potential there along with the fact that he switched back to Lechmere, perhaps also indicating no love lost there.

then dumping one of the torso bodies in the vault of the NSY would be a way at "getting back at him" and or the police in general. maybe he was also upset about how the police treated him after he accidently ran over the kid.

I dont know just thinking out loud here.
            Some would say thatīs a lot of useful reflections - if Thomas Cross was a harsh stepfather, Charles can have very much resented having been at his command. The age difference between the two was not a very large one, and it may have been hard on young Charles if Thomas Cross was disciplinary and repressive.

In such a case, dumping the torso in the vaults may have had an element of revenge to it.
            Then again, it would also be a very handy explanation to just suggest that the killer challenged the police with the NSY dumpsite, nothing more than that.

As I said some will say this, other will say that - and some will shout "psychobabble", Iīm sure.

Comment

Don't be an ass.
              Isnīt it a lot more asinine to claim that we have records of large differences inbetween the flaps - when we have no such thing at all?

In my world, that equals misleading.

Comment

Thanks for the apology, if not for the sarcasm.
                You are ever so welcome to both, Gareth. They compliment each other.

Comment

Isnīt it a lot more asinine to claim that we have records of large differences inbetween the flaps - when we have no such thing at all?
                  Read Hebbert. Read Bond. Look at the Kelly photographs. All the proof you need is there.
                  In my world, that equals misleading.
                  Did I say or imply that we had precise measurements? No, I didn't. Did I say or imply that the (two) strips of flesh removed from Jackson's abdomen were nowhere near as large as the (three) flaps removed from Kelly's? Yes, I did. Because it's true, that's why.

I did NOT mislead.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

She lived in May Ann Street at the time of the Berner Street murder, and I think that she was a resident of 147 Cable Street when the Pinchin Street torso was found.
                    I seem to remember that the registers disclosed that 147 Cable was the address from where Joseph Forsdyke was admitted to the hospital; he was dying that autumn and perished in December.
                    Ah, yes. 147 was a bit further East from Backchurch Lane, more or less opposite Shovel Alley, I seem to remember. I have a Goad map somewhere that Ed marked up for me.

Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                      Ah, yes. 147 was a bit further East from Backchurch Lane, more or less opposite Shovel Alley, I seem to remember. I have a Goad map somewhere that Ed marked up for me.

Thanks for the reminder.
                      I see yet another thread, not about CAL, turns into a debate about the suggested links between the Whitechapel murders and the Torso's.

Such a shame.

Not aimed at you Gary, yours was simply the last post.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                        I see yet another thread, not about CAL, turns into a debate about the suggested links between the Whitechapel murders and the Torso's.

Such a shame.

Not aimed at you Gary, yours was simply the last post.

Steve
                        Good point, Steve.

I'm encouraged by Simon's declaration of intent re Brown's Yard. I've never believed there was direct access from Winthrop Street through the stores/yard into Buck's Row, but I don't know for sure.

One thing I am convinced of is that the slaughter yard, with its warm boilers and possibility of a bite of grub, a cup of tea or a glass of beer, must have been a magnet for poor, bedraggled women (and men) who hadn't their doss money. Not too many places with gates wide open at 2/3 in the morning, I'd have thought.

Comment

Good point, Steve.

I'm encouraged by Simon's declaration of intent re Brown's Yard. I've never believed there was direct access from Winthrop Street through the stores/yard into Buck's Row, but I don't know for sure.

One thing I am convinced of is that the slaughter yard, with its warm boilers and possibility of a bite of grub, a cup of tea or a glass of beer, must have been a magnet for poor, bedraggled women (and men) who hadn't their doss money. Not too many places with gates wide open at 2/3 in the morning, I'd have thought.
                          Well done Gary,

yes it must have been very inviting, for more reasons than one, but thats another idea, I remain unconvinced by simon's idea, but i don't discount it as being impossible.

Steve

Comment

Good point, Steve.

And no doubt perhaps refuge for policemen on a cold damp night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                              Indeed. One of the conditions of a knackers' licence was that the police could not be denied access to the yard at any time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

Trevor
                                It can't be excluded, but nothing to prove it was used at that time, on that night, nor really anything to even suggest such happened in the hour before the discovery of Polly, that I have found.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X