Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lodging Houses Link

Hi all

Just wanted to start a new thread regarding the ongoing discussion on another thread.

I had inadvertently highjacked another thread, so was eager to start afresh here.

So...

Lodging Houses

It is my belief that all of the victims can be linked somehow.

And all of the victims; the canonical 5 and other potential victims can be linked to lodging houses in the following streets...

Flower and Dean Street
    Dorset Street
    George Street

I believe the key ara to focus on isn't just the places the victims were murdered, but where they loved shortly before they were murdered.

Please refer to the old thread to catch up with the current discussion.

A new member has also added the idea of the public house The Ten Bells as a point of interest.

So if we COMBINE the lodging houses the victims lied, the murder sites and the public houses they frequented...ALL the victims can be linked.

​​​​​​RD
    "Great minds, don't think alike"

Please refer FROM post 346 from the MJK time of death thread, for reference to the start of this NEW thread.

Many thanks

RD
    Last edited by The Rookie Detective; 08-21-2023, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Nichols and Eddowes can be tracked from London Hospital circa 1867 to next door to each other,in Flower and Dean,via Thrawl Street.
      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Thanks DJA that's brilliant.

It's nuggets of information that are FACTUAL that you present that adds to the picture, very well appreciated.

RD

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post
          Hi all

Just wanted to start a new thread regarding the ongoing discussion on another thread.

I had inadvertently highjacked another thread, so was eager to start afresh here.

So...

Lodging Houses

And all of the victims; the canonical 5 and other potential victims can be linked to lodging houses in the following streets...

Flower and Dean Street
          Dorset Street
          George Street

I believe the key ara to focus on isn't just the places the victims were murdered, but where they loved shortly before they were murdered.

A new member has also added the idea of the public house The Ten Bells as a point of interest.

So if we COMBINE the lodging houses the victims lied, the murder sites and the public houses they frequented...ALL the victims can be linked.

​​​​​​RD
          My apologies to GBInOz (George)...it was in fact him that presented the idea of the Ten Bells Pub, my error completely and no disrespect intended George.

RD

Comment

I reckon you'd have to demonstrate that the lodging house link is out of the ordinary. Maybe you can for all I know, but simply saying there is a meaningful link because the women passed through particular doss houses is not sufficient. How likely is it that they would have passed through those particular doss houses?

In addition, I think you'd have to reasonably explain why the women were murdered away from the doss houses they were staying at? How does the lodging house link work? Somebody followed them from the doss houses they were staying at?

Comment

Or were the first Four following Jack!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	eddowes_sketch.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	816425
                Thanks DJA that's brilliant.

It's nuggets of information that are FACTUAL that you present that adds to the picture, very well appreciated.

RD
                Click image for larger version

Name:	SINUS2.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	816424Thank you. Click image for larger version

Name:	xanthelasma-1296x728-slide.webp
Views:	291
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	816426

Comment

Hi all

So...

Lodging Houses

Flower and Dean Street
                  Dorset Street
                  George Street

​​​​​​RD
                  Hi Rook,

I'm not sure there is anything in this. It's a small area we're talking about so it seems sort of expected they would have been at some of the same doss houses. Given the area is small and the the occupation of the women, I 'd be suprised if they didn't know each other by sight at least. Would that mean anything though? An anology that I thought of is those wildlife programmes where they have remote cameras on say a baclkbird's nest. Then something like a jay or magie finds the nest and takes a chick. It then comes back again and again until the nest is empty. Easy pickings. That small area with the doss houses and vulnerable women was his hunting ground that he kept returning to time and again to find prey, or at least increase his chances of finding someone. I also think that if he did live in the heart of murder area someone would of recognised him as say a local at the pubs seen talking to the victims. IMO.
                  Last edited by Aethelwulf; 08-21-2023, 12:35 PM.

Comment

But then you also have to ask yourself how many women passed through those same doss houses in the Autumn of 1888 that were not murdered?

c.d.

Comment

Five

Comment

My apologies to GBInOz (George)...it was in fact him that presented the idea of the Ten Bells Pub, my error completely and no disrespect intended George.

RD
                        No problem.

Cheers, George
                        They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
                        Out of a misty dream
                        Our path emerges for a while, then closes
                        Within a dream.
                        Ernest Dowson - Vitae Summa Brevis​

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

Looking at the lodging house question I ask myself why were the victims so intertwined in were they lived . Why such a small area ? The best answer I personally feel is because Jack knew that area like the back of his hand , and he stuck to that neighbourhood because it was the one he knew best, [ maybe the only one ]. IE He lived in the district or as a lesser alternative worked there , most probably both.
                          He may have been a client of the poor victims thus putting them at ease , particularly in Mary's case, were he was possibly invited back to her room , as a regular punter. Again the doss houses being on Flower and Dean Street, Dorset Street, and George Street plus the Ten Bells pub, all within a few hundred yards of each other strongly suggests to me it was the district he felt most comfortable in.
                          If Jack is ever unmasked the one thing I am most confident with is that it will be someone who lived near or even on one of the said streets .

Regards Darryl

Last edited by Darryl Kenyon; 08-21-2023, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darryl Kenyon View Post

I personally feel is because Jack knew that area like the back of his hand
                            Maybe but I don't think it's the given that is often assumed.

He could quite easily have spent a limited amount of time working there, or heard about the area through word of mouth, and made that his place of choice.

In fact, looking at someone such as Peter Sutcliffe, he didn't target Bradford's or Leeds' red light district because he knew it like the back of his hand; it was more the case that those were the closest places to him where his opportunities were located. He merely had to drive around, knowing full well his opportunities would come. Would it be any different to Jack living outside of the immediate area and walking around knowing his opportunities will come?

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post

Maybe but I don't think it's the given that is often assumed.

He could quite easily have spent a limited amount of time working there, or heard about the area through word of mouth, and made that his place of choice.

In fact, looking at someone such as Peter Sutcliffe, he didn't target Bradford's or Leeds' red light district because he knew it like the back of his hand; it was more the case that those were the closest places to him where his opportunities were located. He merely had to drive around, knowing full well his opportunities would come. Would it be any different to Jack living outside of the immediate area and walking around knowing his opportunities will come?
                              Hi FM
                              Sutcliffe's first attack [ not murders ], what we know of was in Bradford and his second Keighley . At the time Sutcliffe was living in Bingley which is more or less smack in the middle of either town. He also worked from October 1976 in Bradford on an industrial estate as an HGV driver which gave him the opportunity to spy on Prostitutes and scout red light districts in Yorkshire. He also met his wife at a dance hall in the red light district of Bradford in 1967 [ thus showing early familiarity ], and in 1977 he moved to the outskirts of Bradford. Also apparently in his younger days he was a heavy user of prostitutes [ and a known voyeur ], in the Leeds and Bradford districts. His main killing ground. So i would suggest all the known killing/attack localities Sutcliffe was familiar with.

I get your points FM but I ask myself why just the one area with if Jack ? And a small area at that .Why didn't he move around to different districts of London waiting for opportunities ? Sutcliffe knew West Yorkshire well , so he moved from one red light area to another and even down to Manchester. plus his job from 1977 gave him access to scout said areas. To me it is like Jack did not have that luxury. He knew the one small district and that was it. His job, and or family life possibly stifling his ability to move around . Otherwise why go back into the very heart of his killing field to murder Mary [ for instance ], and the enormous risk that entailed. Why not kill in another area of London close by . To my mind it is because he couldn't and that's why I favour a local man.

Regards Darryl

Comment

Working...
                              X