Jane Coram's artwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jane Coram's artwork

I was just wondering- since the crash happened I don't see Jane Coram's excellent artist's renderings of the victims here anymore. I really miss them- I think she did a great job of capturing how each woman would have looked in life. Will they be reappearing, and if not is there anywhere else on the web where they can now be found?

Ivor Edwards, Author Of "Jack the Ripper's, Black Magic Rituals" had a selection of Jane Coram's artwork on his forums.

It appears however the site is no longer with us.
    Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by kensei View Post
      I was just wondering- since the crash happened I don't see Jane Coram's excellent artist's renderings of the victims here anymore. I really miss them- I think she did a great job of capturing how each woman would have looked in life. Will they be reappearing, and if not is there anywhere else on the web where they can now be found?
      Thanks for your kind words about Jane's artwork. I am sure she will be pleased with your comments. I will pass your message along to Jane and possibly she can answer on whether she will be posting the images once again.

Chris
      Christopher T. George
      Editor, Ripperologist
      http://www.ripperologist.biz
      http://chrisgeorge.netpublish.net

Comment

Not only is Jane a great artist, but she was also a close friend of Polly Nichols, often mistakenly referred to in the contemporary press as 'Jane Oram'. Her brother, Thomas Coram, is talked about quite a bit in the Stride inquest after he found a bloody knife just one street over from the murder. I don't know, there's something fishy about these Corams.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
          Ivor Edwards, Author Of "Jack the Ripper's, Black Magic Rituals" had a selection of Jane Coram's artwork on his forums.

It appears however the site is no longer with us.
          Found it! It is still there.

http.//www.jtrforums.co.uk

Thanks, Mike.

Comment

Hello you all!

No doubt about it. Jane Coram (I was about to type Corman, Tom! ) did the most splendid job on the "Modern Artwork" section!

But there were also loads of excellent work from many others. One of the best was Natalie Severn!

I hope they will recover that section some day!

All the best
            Jukka
            "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Although Glenn Andersson is uncharacteristically modest about it, he's actually an exceptional pencil sketch artist and had some samples of his work published in Ripper Notes years ago, accompanying an essay written by Don Souden. The artwork was so good I at first thought it was contemporary sketches.

I'd love to see more of Natalie Severn's work. I'm not sure I've seen much at all. As for me, I'm absolutely worthless with a pencil or brush.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Tom,

Indeed, Glenn is an amazing artist with brush or pen. And, as you may have noticed, one of Glenn's drawings was used in the article I wrote for the March Ripperologist (number 89) about who among the suspects had the best chance of being PROVEN Jack the Ripper. Now that his book is published I'm hopeful we can get Glenn to both write and illustrate some more.

Don.
                "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Hello Tom!

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                  Although Glenn Andersson is uncharacteristically modest about it, he's actually an exceptional pencil sketch artist and had some samples of his work published in Ripper Notes years ago, accompanying an essay written by Don Souden. The artwork was so good I at first thought it was contemporary sketches.

I'd love to see more of Natalie Severn's work. I'm not sure I've seen much at all. As for me, I'm absolutely worthless with a pencil or brush.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                  Being modest is a virtue in Scandinavia!

And that's why I am trying to behave as un-Scandinavian here as possible!

What it comes to the contemporary sketches, I personally think, that there were indeed very good ones. But some of them were bad, reflecting the LVP attitudes!

But I am very interested to see our Swedish friends art1

All the best
                  Jukka
                  "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Working...
                  X