No announcement yet.

Was Annie Austin a Ripper Victim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergeant French is not giving legal facts, they're not reviewing the deeds to see who owns the land or leases. Sergeant French is providing police attitudes and opinion.

The police attitude Sergeant French provided in 1898 was:

As the Dorset Street district belongs to a dweller in it 'MacCarthy' so this belongs to 'Geringer' inhabitant of Little Pearl Street.
    Source: https://booth.lse.ac.uk/notebooks/b3...63%2C1905.3564

By the Dorset Street district belongs to a dweller in it 'MacCarthy' what is meant is not that McCarthy owns every house in the district, merely that those streets are under his control.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-03 at 23.26.56.png
Views:	264
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	791467
      Boxing World and Mirror of Life - Saturday 20 May 1911

Fast forward 10 years and we have a Dan Sullivan working for Jack McCarthy as a Ring Manager. It's not the same Dan Sullivan by any chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by seanr View Post
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-08-03 at 23.26.56.png Views:	25 Size:	38.2 KB ID:	791467
        Boxing World and Mirror of Life - Saturday 20 May 1911

Fast forward 10 years and we have a Dan Sullivan working for Jack McCarthy as a Ring Manager. It's not the same Dan Sullivan by any chance?
        No. Different people.

Daniel Sullivan, the brother of Mog Crossingham nee Sullivan, stated he was 41 in his statement in 1901.

Dan Sullivan the boxing promoter was 79 when he died in 1954. So, he must have been about 14 years younger than the Crossingham's Dan Sullivan.

Comment

• I have nothing new to offer, no actual evidence other than my instinct.

McCarthy should have been a suspect and immediately transported to an area where he wasn't a police booster.

And then given the business by a 'nobody,' good with their fists under supervision by real cops with no frickin manners.

I'm outraged at the cops of London. Even today.

Comment

Working...
          X