Killing Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killing Times

The FBI profile suggested that JTR likely had a Monday to Friday job, inferred because all the C5 murders took place at weekends. But there is another timing pattern. All the murders took place alternately at the end or one week into the month (dates 31/08 then 08/09 then 30/09 then 09/11) and if you believe Martha Tabram was a JTR victim, then her murder fits the pattern also (07/08).

Is this a coincidence or is there a reason? If there is a reason, what is it? A working pattern perhaps?

Originally posted by etenguy View Post
    The FBI profile suggested that JTR likely had a Monday to Friday job, inferred because all the C5 murders took place at weekends. But there is another timing pattern. All the murders took place alternately at the end or one week into the month (dates 31/08 then 08/09 then 30/09 then 09/11) and if you believe Martha Tabram was a JTR victim, then her murder fits the pattern also (07/08).

Is this a coincidence or is there a reason? If there is a reason, what is it? A working pattern perhaps?
    hey eten
    ive often said the same. i think he had employment and was out of town in tje middle of the month too. now what job would entail that?

Comment

Hi eten,
      Could the killing pattern relate to the moon cycle ?
      Jack did not attack when there was a full moon.

Tabram August 7 (no moon), Nichols August 31 (half moon), Chapman September 8 (no moon), Stride / Eddowes September 30 (quarter moon), Kelly November 9 (half moon). If Alice Mackenzie was a victim – July 17, 1889 was half moon.
      Could he have avoided full moons so he wouldn't be seen ?

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

hey eten
        ive often said the same. i think he had employment and was out of town in tje middle of the month too. now what job would entail that?
        Perhaps he was a commercial traveller, like Joseph Lawende?
        Andrew's the man, who is not blamed for nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Craig H View Post
          Hi eten,

Tabram August 7 (no moon), Nichols August 31 (half moon), Chapman September 8 (no moon), Stride / Eddowes September 30 (quarter moon), Kelly November 9 (half moon). If Alice Mackenzie was a victim – July 17, 1889 was half moon.

Craig
          I've encountered the lunar aspect elsewhere, that kind of thing is appealing to some of the more outlandish theories. Light wise, a full moon makes a difference in open countryside, what effect it had in an urban rookery is debatable.

I don't personally think a weekend / month end killer needs to be away for the intervening time, that implies he'd kill weekly if he was home. Seems to be a more natural break in the killings, downtime if you will. Followed by caution. But the weekend / Bank Holiday connection has to be more than coincidence. For me, it suggests a full time job. And quite likely a local. There is some consistency, but if you favour Stride for the C5, twice in one night is totally at odds.

It's one of the few aspects of the case that might actually point to something of substance.
          Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

I think you can forget moon phases and the like, but the fact that no murders, or recorded attempts, take place between the 10th of any month to the 30th of said month may well be relevant. This type of schedule would fit men onboard vessels coming and going to London. As HRH herself suggested.
            Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

hey eten
              Hi Abby

Or the opposite, that he only came to London at certain times.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig H View Post
                Hi eten,

Craig
                I do not see a pattern in the moon cycle - there are dates throughout the month that might avoid a full moon, if he was concerned about that. Though he may indeed have wanted darker nights - though if you look at the pattern of days of the murder for the C5, they do not happen randomly at weekends but in sequence - Friday, then Saturday then Sunday and back to Friday again.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

I've encountered the lunar aspect elsewhere, that kind of thing is appealing to some of the more outlandish theories. Light wise, a full moon makes a difference in open countryside, what effect it had in an urban rookery is debatable.

I don't personally think a weekend / month end killer needs to be away for the intervening time, that implies he'd kill weekly if he was home. Seems to be a more natural break in the killings, downtime if you will. Followed by caution. But the weekend / Bank Holiday connection has to be more than coincidence. For me, it suggests a full time job. And quite likely a local. There is some consistency, but if you favour Stride for the C5, twice in one night is totally at odds.

It's one of the few aspects of the case that might actually point to something of substance.
                  Hi Al

I think so, the more you look at the dates and elapsed time between murders, the less random they seem. If there is a pattern there might be a reason for the pattern and that in turn might provide some insight into the murderer.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

I think you can forget moon phases and the like, but the fact that no murders, or recorded attempts, take place between the 10th of any month to the 30th of said month may well be relevant. This type of schedule would fit men onboard vessels coming and going to London. As HRH herself suggested.
                    Quite possibly Michael.

Comment

Quite possibly Michael.
                      And coincidentally we do have a merchant sailor suspect

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                        Indeed - we have several, and perhaps the murder timings point to a job, like a sailor, which means the murderer is about only at certain times. However, if it was a sailor (or a job that took the murderer to different places) - why kill only in London during that time?

Comment

Indeed - we have several, and perhaps the murder timings point to a job, like a sailor, which means the murderer is about only at certain times. However, if it was a sailor (or a job that took the murderer to different places) - why kill only in London during that time?
                          But one specific sailor suspect did kill in at least one other country by cutting a woman's throat with a long bladed knife !!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.trevormarriott.co..

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                            With a roughly 1 1/2 week trip time, always coming back to London. Not so much merchant, more cross channel ferry. And always returning to London? More likely a Londoner.

How far out would a three week round trip go? Or four week?

Trev, I'm not knocking your sailor theory, but the regularity might suggest a sailor who changed ships or routes? Or who specifically based himself in London? And if that meets the criteria of your suspect, then feel free to slap me in the face with a sock full of hot ****.
                            Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Hi Abby

Or the opposite, that he only came to London at certain times.
                              yup. although i think a little less likely, as imho the ripper was a local who knew the area like the back of his hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X