Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerryd View Post

Hi Abby,

John Gill lived off Manningham Lane. If the author of Rob's article is correct, Turner was living there at the time of the Gill murder in 1888. The stable was close to the Gill house.
    ok thanks Jer!

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post
      For those that were wondering, the data pattern I saw is below (and its so simple I'm sure others have noticed it before):

The murders of the canonical five were all at weekends but followed the pattern
      Friday, Saturday, Sunday (double event), Friday

In addition the time between each murder was
      1 week, 3 weeks (double event), 5 weeks then followed by the next day in the above day sequence.

So I looked at 7 weeks and the next day in the sequence and that was the date Johnny Gill's body was found (I can't yet find an actual time of death).

May all be coincidence, but an unusual one that this double sequence should hold across the canon.
      I believe he was last seen on the morning of Thursday Dec 27th, and his remains were discovered early on the 29th.

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
        Someone named Kathryn McMaster wrote a book on the subject. I have not read it, it was merely the product of a Google search.
        Thanks Errata. Unfortunately Kathryn McMaster's book is fictionalised fact - a faction book. I read the preview section and decided it was not helpful, too fictionalised to be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryd View Post

I don't think he was a ripper victim but he was the victim of a post-mortem mutilator. I personally believe his murder was connected to the one in 1891 of the child, Barbara Waterhouse, who was murdered and mutilated in Horsforth, Leeds. Not far from Bradford. Walter Lewis Turner, the guilty man in Barbara's case, was living in Shipley in 1888 which was minutes up the road from Johnny Gill's house. I did a lot of research into this case a few years ago. It's somewhere on one of these boards. I think Turner could be the culprit in the Johnny Gill case. The police at the time thought he could be as well. He had hung by then, though.
          This sounds plausible, likely even. I shall try and find the thread you posted on a few years ago. There is still a part of me that is suspicious of how precisely this murder fits the pattern of ripper murders, but I think you are likely correct.

Comment

Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
            Bruce Robinson spends quite a few pages connecting Jonnie and jtr, Micheal Maybrick and the Masons, in his book, "They All Love Jack".
            Thanks drstrange169.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

I believe he was last seen on the morning of Thursday Dec 27th, and his remains were discovered early on the 29th.
              Thanks Joshua, that's my understanding too. As to his date and time of death, I've yet to find any information. Whether he was abducted and held, or simply ran off for an adventure before meeting his murderer, I have no information. Yet.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	03.JPG
Views:	489
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	721661
                Attached Files
                dustymiller
                aka drstrange

Comment

Name:	06.JPG
Views:	536
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	721665
                  Attached Files
                  dustymiller
                  aka drstrange

Comment

Name:	09.JPG
Views:	497
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	721669
                    Attached Files
                    dustymiller
                    aka drstrange

Comment

Name:	12.JPG
Views:	522
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	721673
                      Attached Files
                      dustymiller
                      aka drstrange

Comment

Name:	15.JPG
Views:	493
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	721677
                        Attached Files
                        dustymiller
                        aka drstrange

Comment

Ive always felt this murder was one of 2 things....the killer of Whitechapel working out of town, or proof positive that at least 2 men capable of soulless violent acts were around at the same period in time. I lean towards the second.
                          Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
                            Ive always felt this murder was one of 2 things....the killer of Whitechapel working out of town, or proof positive that at least 2 men capable of soulless violent acts were around at the same period in time. I lean towards the second.
                            There we probably five or six active at the same time. Only the other made the effort to conceal/dispose of the bodies of their victims. I would imagine there were some that were far more prolific in terms of numbers, who for whatever reason were never investigated by the police or targeted people who were not missed.

Tristan
                            Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

Thank you Dr Strange - I am having some trouble reading the attachments, but slowly making my way through them - very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
                                Thanks Michael - Does the pattern of timings for JtR attacks influence you in any way?

Comment

Working...
                                X