No announcement yet.

Answer in the victims' backgrounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite right Rubyretro - I stand corrected.

And of course we now have Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge!! (Bit late for a JtR connection though!)

What commonality the victims had was that they were all from the same strata of society, all in the same poor section of the city, and out on the streets late at night touting for customers. No other common features that 121 years of study has shown, despite various speculation from conspiracists that there was some common link.

There remains, I suppose, the outside possibility that the victims knoew, or at least were aware of each other. No proof, but they do seem to have lived in the same few streets from time to time and thus their paths may have crossed. I'm talking about knowing each other by sight, rather than friendship, of course.

Eddowes seems to have used the name Kelly, which is probably coincidence - but can we just dismiss it?

For all that, I am firmly of the view (in my own thinking at least) that these were random victims of a stalker of the streets, killed because they were weak, drunken, sick etc and had the misfortune to cross his path at the wrong time. I am absolutely sure they were not killed for some underlying, linked, reason related to their previous lives.

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H View Post
      Quite right Rubyretro - I stand corrected.

And of course we now have Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge!! (Bit late for a JtR connection though!)

What commonality the victims had was that they were all from the same strata of society, all in the same poor section of the city, and out on the streets late at night touting for customers. No other common features that 121 years of study has shown, despite various speculation from conspiracists that there was some common link.

There remains, I suppose, the outside possibility that the victims knoew, or at least were aware of each other. No proof, but they do seem to have lived in the same few streets from time to time and thus their paths may have crossed. I'm talking about knowing each other by sight, rather than friendship, of course.

Eddowes seems to have used the name Kelly, which is probably coincidence - but can we just dismiss it?

For all that, I am firmly of the view (in my own thinking at least) that these were random victims of a stalker of the streets, killed because they were weak, drunken, sick etc and had the misfortune to cross his path at the wrong time. I am absolutely sure they were not killed for some underlying, linked, reason related to their previous lives.

Phil
      Hello Phil (Pip) lol,

Point taken - but if you are looking for similarities between the victims, you canīt deny that this is one.

C4

Comment

...you canīt deny that this is one

"This" being?

Phil

Comment

Working...
        X