Clear All

• PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1
    replied

The majority is always wrong.

This vote result is no exception.

Leave a comment:

• sdreid
    replied
    As for the sesquicentennial, Emma Jackson was found with her throat cut in her room on April 4 of 1863.

Leave a comment:

• sdreid
    replied
    Although not likely a Ripper victim, I believe this Friday the 9th is the quasquicentennial of the attack on Emily Horsnail. She died the following day as I recall.

Leave a comment:

• Steven Russell
    replied
    It's possible that Jack started as a gang member I suppose. But there would have been a very stong temptation for his former cohorts to give him up to justice for financial reward had they suspected him. And they probably would have. "Honour among theives" is a romantic nonsense.

Emma earned her living through prostitution. For some reason this gang decided to "teach her a lesson". That the attack focused on her genitals is horrific and disgusting but it is not surprising.

Leave a comment:

• sdreid
    replied
    Like the other uninterrupted Ripper assaults and unlike Tabram, the focus of the attack on Smith was the genital area. She may have lied about the gang because she was protecting someone like Margery Wren did or perhaps the group attack was true and Jack was the one who made the fatal wound. Other serial killers, like David Roland Waters, have committed their first murder as the member of a gang before going solo.

Leave a comment:

• Steven Russell
    replied
    Why Emma?

What reason is there to suspect that Emma Smith may have been a Ripper victim? Admittedly, she was the right "type" of victim in the right area but the injuries are quite different. Most significantly, Emma described being attacked by three men; why on Earth would she lie about this?

Best wishes,
    Steve.

Leave a comment:

• YankeeSergeant
    replied
    Martha

Originally posted by Sister Hyde View Post
    so in other word, she was not even able to identify the men she had been with?? or maybe they just weren't there. and yeah it's very obvious that they wouldn't come forward. still i doubt that Martha was a ripper victim. but if she was a ripper victim indeed it would narrow the choices of suspects
    If any of them are victims of Jack then Tabram is. The whole thing about the soldiers that doesn't sit well with me is the time lag between Pearly Poll seeing Martha go of with her soldier and the body being found. I think that she was a possible first victim.

Leave a comment:

• Sister Hyde
    replied
    so in other word, she was not even able to identify the men she had been with?? or maybe they just weren't there. and yeah it's very obvious that they wouldn't come forward. still i doubt that Martha was a ripper victim. but if she was a ripper victim indeed it would narrow the choices of suspects

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    and Connolly gave a very detailed description of the men, is there any clue of who they could have been when putting it together with the other infos about them?
    Hi Sister
    When both The PC and Pearly Poll went to the soldiers barracks for a lineup it was basically a total fiasco. The soldier/s were never identified. Also, tellingly, the soldier/s in question never came forward either.

Leave a comment:

• Sister Hyde
    replied
    Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    Soldier or not, In my mind it is most probable that she was a ripper victim.
    and Connolly gave a very detailed description of the men, is there any clue of who they could have been when putting it together with the other infos about them?

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    i thought martha tabram had been murdered by one of the soldiers she went with that night, or maybe even by Connolly herself. is it really likely that she was a real ripper victim?
    Hi Sister Hyde
    Even if martha had been murdered by the soldier, she still could be a ripper victim. As in- the soldier was the ripper. I think too many people don't realize that this is a possibility.

Soldier or not, In my mind it is most probable that she was a ripper victim.

Leave a comment:

• Sister Hyde
    replied
    Originally posted by Defective Detective View Post
    My position at this moment is: none, but if one, then her.
    Well i don't think any of them was a Ripper victim, i even doubt that Long Liz was an actual victim, i really prefer not to base my reflection on it, it might put more mess in my reasonment and i think it's already messy and filled with some many infos.

Leave a comment:

• Defective Detective
    replied
    i thought martha tabram had been murdered by one of the soldiers she went with that night, or maybe even by Connolly herself. is it really likely that she was a real ripper victim?
    Probably not. But she's more likely than most, or any, of the others, simply by virtue of being closer to the traditional Ripper victimology than most. Another intriguing, if far-fetched, possibility I've heard is that the Ripper came across Tabram's dying or dead body after her heart had been punctured and did the 'body work' himself.

My position at this moment is: none, but if one, then her.

Leave a comment:

• Sister Hyde
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Grave Maurice
    replied
    Ditto...Martha.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X