Poll - Whoch non-Canon did Jack kill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Emma?

What reason is there to suspect that Emma Smith may have been a Ripper victim? Admittedly, she was the right "type" of victim in the right area but the injuries are quite different. Most significantly, Emma described being attacked by three men; why on Earth would she lie about this?

Best wishes,
    Steve.

Comment

Like the other uninterrupted Ripper assaults and unlike Tabram, the focus of the attack on Smith was the genital area. She may have lied about the gang because she was protecting someone like Margery Wren did or perhaps the group attack was true and Jack was the one who made the fatal wound. Other serial killers, like David Roland Waters, have committed their first murder as the member of a gang before going solo.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

It's possible that Jack started as a gang member I suppose. But there would have been a very stong temptation for his former cohorts to give him up to justice for financial reward had they suspected him. And they probably would have. "Honour among theives" is a romantic nonsense.

Emma earned her living through prostitution. For some reason this gang decided to "teach her a lesson". That the attack focused on her genitals is horrific and disgusting but it is not surprising.

Comment

Although not likely a Ripper victim, I believe this Friday the 9th is the quasquicentennial of the attack on Emily Horsnail. She died the following day as I recall.

Stan Reid

Comment

As for the sesquicentennial, Emma Jackson was found with her throat cut in her room on April 4 of 1863.

Stan Reid

Comment

The majority is always wrong.

This vote result is no exception.

Comment

Working...
              X