Genealogy of the victims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genealogy of the victims?

Just out of interest, and as a keen (amateur) family historian, have the descendents of the victims been traced.

I have read of and heard a few vague remarks concerning descendents of CE (concerning a shawl that may or may not of been hers) but no real explanation of who they were.

I've had a good look around the site and can't find a thread regarding this type of info.

Regards

Andy

There has been a lot of work done by Neal Sheldon on this. He has published a set of books on the victims including excellent work on their families.
    In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Hi,

we still have some copiesof Neal's book kicking around if anyone is interested PM me.

Jenni (Shelden)
      “be just and fear not”

Comment

Hi Andy,

There is even a book about them, called the victims of JtR by Neal Shelden.

It traces the decendents of those victims who left children behind.

Greetings,

Addy

Comment

Why do I seem to recall hearing or reading somewhere that there was an article going around not so long ago which actually interviews some of the Catherine Eddowes' descendants? I believe it was called "Kate's Folks"....can't be any more specific than that unfortunately but maybe it'll jog somebody else's memory?

Cheers,
          Adam.

Comment

Adam,

Check your email soon.

Don.
            "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Are they on Ancestry.com?
              This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
              X