Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Male victims

Hi all,

just curious is any wiser than myself know of any men murdered - by throat cutting or otheriwse - around Whitechapel and the surrounding areas between 1888 and 1900?

I have a theory...
    if mickey's a mouse, and pluto's a dog, whats goofy?

Hi,

For all I know Whitechapel was one of the most violent neighbourhoods in London. So the answer to your question is most likely yes, and many more than one.

Curious about your theory though...

Greetings,

Addy

Comment

Sorry I rushed the post hehe. Fairly obvious Whitehall was (dare I say still is?) a bit of a dive. Was really curious about details - who was murdered, how etc. I can't find anything about murders in the area online and wondered if anyone else had done any research into this.

My theory shall be (at long, long, last) revealed as soon as I can tie up the loose ends. I'll stop short of claiming I can name the killers though. There's enough cranks in this game already.

I'm curious how many unsolved (or solved I guess) cases there were which involved male victims until the end of the century in the area.
      if mickey's a mouse, and pluto's a dog, whats goofy?

Comment

I've no idea Joel (Hi ! Hope you're well ?),
        but statistics on modern day violent attacks would put young, lone males as
        the most likely targets for violent attacks...and not girls, as we might imagine.

I think one reason is that we are all mammals, and where overcrowding occurs
        there is male rivalry and agression and competition for dominance over other young males for 'breeding' ( that's horrible ! probably true though!); In densely populated areas with fierce job competition and many single men, such as Whitechapel at the time, I would expect to find many physical attacks on men (not necessarily fatal) .Far far more than the famous attacks on prostitutes,
        at any rate..so I don't know what you could read into any such statistics anyway.

Why don't you start with attacks on a certain section of the Population and then find how many were males ?

but that is just my opinion, I'm not qualified to say that, and' I don't know nothing !'

Ruby x
        http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Yes, here in the USA there are nearly 3 times as many males murdered as females the last time I checked
          This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi Joe,

The only Ripper linked male attack (and the link is tedious) is that on John Holland that occured on the same day as the Tabram murder and was very similar in nature (several stab wounds) so the nature of the wounds and the date is interested but whether it is Ripper related is upto an individual's opinion. Personally I see no connection but.....
            Best regards,
            Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

boiled or fried?

Hello Joel. Here's an odd one with sex undetermined. The date is August 26, 1888.

Cheers.
              LC
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X