No announcement yet.

Blood Trace Evidence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good points all. I would just add that in relation to Eddowes, Dr. Brown's sketch of the scene may be helpful. It can be found on this site. It is listed as a Frederick Foster drawing.

If the murderer stayed between Kate's legs while mutilating her, he wouldn't have tracked blood when he left.
    Best Wishes,
    Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Didn't Victorian men wear white shirts? Not sure it would have been wise to remove your jacket and make it easy for people to see you with your white shirt!

I reckon jacket on.....and will go with those who suggest that the blood wouldn't be seen on a black jacket and in the event it was it couldn't have led to a conviction due to the nature of the East End and its inhabitants.

I think it's fair to say that blood smears due to bloodied boots would have been included in police accounts of the state of the room. Doesn't mean boots were off though.....as he could have simply taken a piece of clothing and used it to wipe the floor and wipe his boots...would have taken a few seconds. And perhaps that's why the clothes were burned in the fire. It would mean he would have spent a fair bit of time in there....so must have been confident in the knowledge that he would not be disturbed.....but then again why would he be? It's not often you get a knock at the door at 3 in the morning....why would 1880s East End be any different?

Comment

Working...
      X