Probability of Double Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatBradshaw View Post
    I thought that in the case of Stide the wounds were discribed as being much lighter??

Opps no, my mistake.
    The throat was deeply gashed and there was an abrasion of the skin about one and a half inches in diameter, apparently stained with blood, under her right arm.
    In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
      Two throat-slitters out at, more or less, the same time and a fifteen-minute walk apart? Give me a break. The odds, in my view, say that both women were killed by the same hand.
      Agreed.
      And both women were (casual) prostitutes.
      And in both cases, there is something unclear about the Jews (the club, the GSG).

The killer wouldn't roam the streets too long with organs in his pocket (or elsewhere), that's why only the second victim has been ripped up.

Amitiés,
      David

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
        And in both cases, there is something unclear about the Jews (the club, the GSG).
        I would have thought that in that part of the East End it would be difficult NOT to be near somewhere with a Jewish connection!

Comment

The man in a position to know went out of his way to exclude Tabram, MacKenzie, Coles etc from the series of Whitechapel Murders even though they were also officialy unsolved.

So why did he think Stride was a definite JTR victim?

Perhaps he was a congenital liar like that Anderson fellow.

Or maybe he was just a stupid genital.

Or maybe he actually knew what was what.
          allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Genital??

The person 'in the know' got other things wrong lets not forget!!

Comment

Kat,

I thought that in the case of Stide the wounds were discribed as being much lighter??

The throat cut was less severe in comparison to the others, but it was still quite sufficient to immediately kill and silence--which may have been the sole purpose of that attack. In any case, the method of cutting the throat was quite similar to that of the other Canonic Five and quite dissimilar to those wounds administered to Tabram, Brown (killed the same night as the "double event," McKenzie and Coles.

Don.
              "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Originally posted by KatBradshaw View Post
                I would have thought that in that part of the East End it would be difficult NOT to be near somewhere with a Jewish connection!
                You sure ?
                To my knowledge, Stride is the only victim found in a jewish club, and the piece of apron is the only clue ever left (and certainly purposely, at least imo) by the murderer.

Amitiés,
                David

Comment

I've read both Stride and Coles and I think they were almost the same. there was a lot of activity going on in Berner Street from a couple having an argument to men whispering obscenities at each other. Could it be that Stride and the Ripper were seen together in Berner Street, the Ripper managed to get her into Dutfield Yard, slit her throat, then the Melee begins and the Ripper does not have time to do any more mutilations and makes a run for it. In Coles case, maybe the knife was too blunt to carry out further mutilations. And the Ripper still working as late as 1891? Can't see it being impossible since no one has been positively unquestionably named....

Busy Beaver

Comment

Hi Busy Beaver,

imo, the Coles case has been solved - it was Sadler.

Amitiés,
                    David

Comment

I would put a question mark beside Stride, but all things considered, when push comes to shove,I would keep her in the canonical five.. I can't easily explain why, apparently, he switched knives for just the one victim, that, to me is the toughest part of the puzzle to explain..The lack of mutilations is easy...Louis Diemschutz's arrvial stopped the killer from going forward..It also explains the savagery he took out on Eddowes...stopped by Diemschultz, he took out his frustations on poor Catherine...

No I don't belive that there were two throat slitting madmen running around Whitechapel that night, both striking within minutes of each other...

Comment

Originally posted by macknnc
                        I would put a question mark beside Stride, but all things considered, when push comes to shove,I would keep her in the canonical five.. I can't easily explain why, apparently, he switched knives for just the one victim, that, to me is the toughest part of the puzzle to explain..
                        I'll help you with that. Stride is not known to have been killed with a different knife than Eddowes. It's a modern myth that she was killed with a blunt knife, or a knife different from that which killed Eddowes. No doctor stated such a thing. Because Stride only had one wound to her, it would have been impossible for the doctors to have determined the length of the blade, but they were very clear it was quite a sharp blade, as it even cut through her scarf as it passed it. I hope this helps.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Tom.
                          But she was killed in a totally different way, a totally different wound inflicted upon her neck.totally different location,totally different time of the night.

All in all I would say taking all those points into consideration suggests she was killed by a totally different killer.

I also notice you have failed to respond to post 72 on the profiling thread I posted did the questions cause you some difficulty in being able to give an answer.
                          Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 09-23-2010, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Weren't all of the C5 killed in different locations and at different times?

c.d.

Comment

I´d like to step in for a minute, if I may, Mack, to corroborate what Tom says. I myself believe that Liz Stride was the victim of another killer than Jack, but as far as the weapon that killed Stride goes, the only thing we can tell about it is that it was sharp. Could have been anything from an ordinary knife with a four-inch blade to a machete or a traditional harakiri sword.

"I don't belive that there were two throat slitting madmen running around Whitechapel that night"

I don´t know how much of a madman it makes you to cut somebody´s throat (I think we may be dealing with different levels of madness here, at the very least), but I do know that THREE London women had their necks cut that night.

The best,
                              Fisherman

Comment

C.D:

"Weren't all of the C5 killed in different locations and at different times?"

Yeah, all of them but Stride, C.d!

The best,
                                Fisherman

Comment

Working...
                                X