X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any common factor with the C5?

Hello you all!

Yes, they were all prostitutes...

But they had nothing in common with their outlook and backround.

Or...

had they any common factor?

All the best
    Jukka
    "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Hi Jukka,

They had their throat cut in a murder that occurred at East End during 1888 by an unknown killer. All were single adult white women of average size who drank too much and whose lives were going downhill.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hello Stan!

Yes indeed! An architype pray for guys like Saucy Jacky!

But what I mean, basically, is;

Did JtR have a certain feature he was looking from women, or did he just catch anyone in sight?!

All the best
      Jukka
      "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

It would be best if we would focus on just one thread about the similarities or lack of those between the victims. Though this thread is older I would suggest http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=348 as it has been already answered by more members.
        "The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice." - Quellcrist Falconer
        "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem" - Johannes Clauberg

Comment

How is this different from the thread Michael created the other day???

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hello Tom!

People just happen to create the same kind of threads about at the same time!

Never mind, not a big deal; I will continue on Michael's thread anyway!

All the best
            Jukka

Comment

As mentioned by j.r-ahde he chose prostitues, I know it's obvious but he didn't pick any women that were walking alone at night like Sarah Lewis! Maybe he had a grudge or personal reason.

Normy
              Last edited by Normy; 09-14-2008, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Was Eddowes single?
                Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Hi Normy,
                  Originally posted by Normy View Post
                  I know it's obvious but he didn't pick any women that were walking alone at night like Sarah Lewis!
                  Unless Nichols, Chapman, Eddowes et al were wearing a gaslit sign on their heads saying "prostitute", they'd have appeared to have been nothing more nor less than women walking alone at night. This was a very poor district, where one raggedy woman would have looked pretty much like the next - whether prostitute, matchgirl or flower-seller.

In respect of Sarah Lewis, (a) we don't know whether she, too, indulged in a bit of casual prostitution; and (b) in order to kill them, Jack had to be in the vicinity of his victims, and conditions in his favour. There must have been women walking alone who never crossed Jack's path, whether they were prostitutes or not. There may well have been those whom Jack encountered, but under circumstances that didn't suit his purpose. Then there are those who did cross his path under the right conditions, and went on to pay the ultimate price - but that doesn't necessarily mean that they were prostituting themselves at the time.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                    Hi Normy,Unless Nichols, Chapman, Eddowes et al were wearing a gaslit sign on their heads saying "prostitute", they'd have appeared to have been nothing more nor less than women walking alone at night. This was a very poor district, where one raggedy woman would have looked pretty much like the next - whether prostitute, matchgirl or flower-seller.
                    If these girls were out to make some money by prostitution they didnt need any gaslit signs.
                    But I suspect they did have a sort of gaslit sign above them to the Ripper. He is most likely seeing these girls as victims from the start. Whatever victims he has killed they all have something in common that set JTR off. JTR may not even know. But thats the way it seems to work with SKs.

Comment

Hi Mitch,
                      Originally posted by Mitch Rowe View Post
                      If these girls were out to make some money by prostitution they didnt need any gaslit signs.
                      My main point was that all women looked pretty much the same back then and in that locale, whether prostitute or not.
                      Whatever victims he has killed they all have something in common that set JTR off.
                      ...such as, their being easy targets? Subsequent serial killers have availed themselves of victims in similar vulnerable straits, not all of whom were prostitutes.
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Hi all
                        Well all his victims were prositutes, C5 I mean.
                        What if they all made that known to him by them approaching him for business, and not Jack stalking his victims.
                        Sorry if maybe I've taken this a little off the thread!

Norm

Comment

Hello all,

First off they were women, and secondly they were all killed with a knife after midnight and before 6am. All were known to be part time or full time street women. Each venue was likely quite dark. The crimes occur with regularity once the C5 started, each being committed on either the last day of one month, to the 9th of the following month....(but only once once did two killings occur on the same evening). All killings were on a weekend, or the day preceeding or ending a holiday weekend.

Their ages varied from approx 26 to 46, so no real match for a victim profiler there. Not all were drunk, and only one had a bed to sleep in, the night she was killed. Not all were known to be soliciting at the time, not all had the same mutilations...in fact one has none, and all organs taken, excluding the uterus, are only taken once. Not all victims were necessarily cut by a right handed man. At least one victim was apparently conscious when attacked with the knife. The killings took differing lengths of time. Not all crimes were committed in The East End. It would seem that at least one attack was from the side or facing the victim, while the others were likely from the rear. Not all victims show signs of strangulation or signs of compression or bruising of the throat. Only two victims had facial wounds. 4 of 5 were killed outdoors. At least two victims were capable of acquiring a bed that night without soliciting....Liz chose not to, and her 4-6d wasnt accounted for. 4 of five were dressed. 4 of 5 are on their backs.

Only one has a single wound.

I think its obvious when you look at the lists...its much easier to see differences, than it is to clearly see one mans work.

Best regards all.
                          Last edited by Guest; 09-16-2008, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Normy View Post
                            Hi all
                            Well all his victims were prositutes, C5 I mean.
                            What if they all made that known to him by them approaching him for business, and not Jack stalking his victims.Norm
                            Thats the general consensus. JTR did not stalk them in a sense. He may have singled them out and watched them but I believe I am right when I say most people believe they approached him in some manner.

Lets see? What would a Victorian Hooker do to indicate she was available?

1: Raise her skirt. Pull down her striped stockings to show some ankle?
                            2: Lower her neckscarf?
                            3: Wiggle that monstrous rear end they all seem to have had!

Comment

Working...
                            X