Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think that Mary Kelly's murderer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think that Mary Kelly's murderer...

And I say Mary Kelly's Murderer and not Jack the Ripper because I know some believe that her murder to be a copycat and some believe her to be a Ripper victim. So I don't want to offend anyone, plus don't want to start a debate...

I've lately been interested in this particular murder rather then any other, I don't know why.

But what I came to ask is... do you think that Mary Kelly's Murderer taunted her or talked to her prior to killing her? And if so, what do you think the conversation was like in Kelly's room right before the Murderer mutilated her?
    Last edited by DarkTaleProductions; 01-22-2010, 12:33 PM.
    Scarlett (2010) (Completed)

Witness a modernized retelling of London's most gruesome mutilation, the murder of Mary Jane Kelly at the hands of the notorious serial killer, Jack the Ripper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw59rvBDUGs - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7trM64vWkLQ - Part 2

Hi DTP,

in all scenarios he has to talk to her - the only exception being the "intruder scenario".

Amitiés,
    David

Comment

DVV,
      He may still have spoke to her prior to killing her if he was an intruder. She does have what may be defensive wounds on her hands so she might have been awakened by him saying something. Not that I support the intruder theory I'm of the opinion she brougth Jack home with her, which would mean the conversation included some singing.
      'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

Comment

It depends how you mean as in "talk to her". If you mean did he accost her as a customer, then yes but if you mean talk to her in the context that he knew her, then no, I don't believe he did.
        Best regards,
        Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Hi Smezenen,

I don't support either the intruder theory. I But I don't think she ventured out again after Blotchy - although I admit anything is possible.

Amitiés,
          David

Comment

I think he talked to her afterwards.

Mike
            huh?

Comment

No Mike. He turned his face to the fire and talked to Ahura Mazda.
              He wasn't orthodox in his faith, as you can see from the pic.

Amitiés,
              David

Comment

I'm one of the unlucky few who believes in the Astrakan Man and that he was the Ripper, and as George Hutchinson heard him and Mary talking then the answer is obviously yes. As for what they talked about once they were inside the room, well, Mary was drunk and would have been easily manipulated by someone appearing to have money at a time when she desperately needed it. I think he gently and gradually got her to take her clothes off and lay down on the bed in preparation for doing business. And what happens to a staggering drunk when they lay down and get relaxed? They start to drift off and pass out with their head spinning. Thus Mary would have been lapsing into unconsciousness when the attack began, and only managed a cursory attempt at self defense that resulted in the wounds to her hands and arms.

I've just been reading a book about BTK that relates some of the things he said to his victims just prior to killing them, and it is totally creeping me out. I think most serial killers talk to their victims and say whatever they need to say to make them as vulnerable as possible.

So, Good Michael, I think he talked to her before, during, and after.

Comment

All a bit too "Gentleman Jack" for me, Kensei.

Mary was drunk and would have been easily manipulated by someone appearing to have money at a time when she desperately needed it.
                  Or rather more likely, confused and deterred by the fact that this wealthy client was not only a dead ringer for the press conjuration of Jack the Ripper as a sinister Jew and/or a medical professional who carried around a black bag or package, but that he thought it prudent to advertise the extent of his wealth in all his unbuttoned glory in the worst possible district, and at the worst possible time, to do so.

Best regards,
                  Ben

Comment

As I am of the belief it was an intruder who entered while she slept,any talking,in my opinion,would not have been of the conversational kind.That she was awakened and tried to defend herself seems likely,albeit awakened as the attack was taking place or immediately before it commenced.The intruder,perhaps believing a sleeping person was in the bed,had no need for speech,so likely none took place.

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
                      He wasn't orthodox in his faith, as you can see from the pic.
                      Nothing kosher about the whole thing. I'll grant you that.

Mike
                      huh?

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
                        in all scenarios he has to talk to her - the only exception being the "intruder scenario".
                        The interesting thing to me, David, is that he didn't need any conversational talking for his 'outdoors jobs' and that he chose to kill out in the streets 3 times before he possibly went indoors. That may well have been because he just wasn't interested or even good at socializing.

All the best,
                        Frank
                        "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                        Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

Working...
                        X