Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Event: Why head towards Mitre Square?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Event: Why head towards Mitre Square?

Hey everyone. here's something I had time to think about for a good posting. Now, assuming that both the killer of Elizabeth Stride and Catherine Eddowes are both one and the same, the question is" once fleeing from Dutfield's Yard, why go west in the direction of the City of London? I mean, if the killer was interrupted while trying to cut up Stride, I think his immediate instinct would be self-preservation, not homicide. That being said, after killing Eddowes, he heads back in the direction of Whitechapel, presumably to his dwellings. We know this by the location of the apron found in Goulston Street. Now, back to the question. After killing Stride, the killer runs towards Mitre Square, which is completely in the opposite direction of his primary comfort zone. Why didn't he head north towards Spitalfields or a little east, near Mile End Road?

Also, does anyway here think he intentionally sought out Eddowes to kill or did he just come across her while fleeing and, since he had the opportunity, he decided to take it? What does anyone hear think?
    I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Hello Jtr,

You should check out my thread "Serial killers, a pattern" on post #239, #241, #243, and #247. They are about Ideas on how Kate got to be murdered in Mitre square.

Hope they help!
    Corey
    Heres a link:
    Forum for discussion about how Jack could have done it, why Jack might have done it and the psychological factors that are involved in serial killers. Also the forum for profiling discussions.
    Last edited by corey123; 01-18-2010, 01:40 AM.
    Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Thanks Corey. I will be sure to check them out.
      I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

maybe he lived in the city of londen and just happened see kathy on his way home and the chance to kill her was to good to pass up,

jack cetanly would not be looking for victems there.

and then becouse he had killed to close to home he went back to whitechapel
        and planted the apron there.

just a theory.

Comment

Maybe to get lst in a crowd? Or to go where he didn't people would look for him? I have no idea and am clutching at straws. A good question well asked.
          There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

Originally posted by JTRSickert View Post
            After killing Stride, the killer runs towards Mitre Square, which is completely in the opposite direction of his primary comfort zone. Why didn't he head north towards Spitalfields or a little east, near Mile End Road?
            Under the circumstances it would seem strange that after being disturbed in the middle of his attack on Stride, that he would immediately take up for another victim. However that's based on the assumption he immediately went after Eddowes after attacking Stride. Which isn't necessarily true.

A witness named Israel Schwartz reported seeing Stride being attacked and thrown to the ground outside Dutfield's Yard at around 12:45 a.m.

Eddowes was killed and mutilated in the square between 1.35 and 1.45 a.m

That leaves a huge 50 minute time gap. Also the distance between where Eddowes and Stride were found, was no more then .5 mile, not exactly a great walking distance. Also it should be noted that all his victims were within a .5 mile radius of one of the original suspected victims (Emma Elizabeth Smith). It's very well possible that he attacked Stride, had some interruption which stopped him from finishing, which caused him to possibly go home. His home more then likely located somewhere near the center of where all his victims were located, was probably no more then a 5-10 minute walk from where he attacked Stride. He possibly stays home for a 10-15 minute period. He then heads back out, he has to. Although he has already taken Stride's life, he possibly feels compelled to go back out because he didn't get what he wanted, & he can't rest until he does.

Comment

Hi Sickert. I'd say there's only two choices - it was either intentional on the killer's part, or it wasn't. Which option makes more sense would depend on the suspect. If we're talking Kosminski, then it was probably not intentional; but if we're talking Charles Le Grand, it most certainly would have been.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
              X