Who was Jack's first murder poll!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new poll

Hello SD. I think that you have wisely given a good premise for a new poll. To wit, how many believe in the C5?

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Yes, or maybe a thread where posters are required to come up with their best personal "C5" that isn't The C5.

Like:Smith, Nichols, Chapman, Eddowes, Kelly

Or:Nichols, Chapman, Eddowes, Stride, McKenzie
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Or, an even bigger challenge, a C2 or a C20

Stan Reid

Comment

What about a C6?
          Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Yes Corey, around here that's about on a level with the C5.

Stan Reid

Comment

Ah, a three way tie for eighth.

Stan Reid

Comment

Interesting..

.. that most people who have voted on this poll think that Tabram was the first victim. I don't know that I would have expected that.

It would be just as interesting to see who ended up at the other end of the spectrum - who was Jack's last? I think that would also be an interesting poll to take. I'm not sure my money would be on Kelly.

Best regards

Sally

Comment

Hi Sally:

There is a poll regarding that topic over on jtrforums

Stan Reid

Comment

Tabram seems to wax and wane. From what I've seen she would have been on most people's list 50 years ago but 20 years ago she would have been off the list of the majority in the field. Now Tabram is back up at least in popular culture.

Stan Reid

Comment

Think the MM release probably had some effect on that.

Stan Reid

Comment

Fisherman, you sometimes get things wrong.

Tabram was not one of Jack's. Nothing I have read has ever convinced me otherwise.
                        http://oznewsandviews.proboards.com

Comment

Personally, I'd put Tabram at about 35% now but I see I'm in the minority.

Stan Reid

Comment

About 35% that she was the first and about 40% that she was a victim.

Stan Reid

Comment

That would 40% that she was victim of JtR - 100% that she was a victim

Stan Reid

Comment

No surprise that Fay is at 0.
                                Last edited by sdreid; 01-20-2011, 01:10 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X