Eddowes not killed by jack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddowes not killed by jack?

I am kinda fascinated by the from hell letter sent to lusk.
    I believe eddowes wasnt a victim of jack but more a victim of someone who was after lusk.
    He believed he was watched by a "sinister bearded man".
    And that he was sent half a kidney from eddowes kinda makes it seem like that as well since I read on a different thread that his wife died in relation to some sorta kidney disease.
    Also it states that Jack may send his knife to him if he waits longer.
    I highly doubt Jack would just give away his knife especially after I read the first ripper letter.
    "My knife's so nice and sharp" seems like he liked his knife alot.
    question if I may?

why does it seem like there are so many spelling mistakes in that letter?
    eg. prasarved the first 2 letters are spelled way better than here.

MO and signature ties in with Nichols and Chapman. Whoever did for them did for Eddowes, in my opinion. For what its worth.
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

You're basing your theories on the letters, which were all very, very probably fake. The only likely exception being the From Hell letter, if then. Sad but true.

Comment

If Lusk was being watched by someone, couldn't that have been Jack? After all, Lusk had quite publicly made himself known as Jack's enemy.

Comment

In my view, Eddowes was definitely killed by the same person who killed Nichols, Chapman, Kelly and possibly Stride.

I think the 'From Hell' letter and the kidney were sent to Lusk by prankster medical students or mortuary workers. There is no way that medical science at the time could match the Lusk kidney to Eddowes beyond doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
            There is no way that medical science at the time could match the Lusk kidney to Eddowes beyond doubt.
            ... especially since Eddowes' body had lain six feet under the earth for over a week before any objective comparisons could be made!
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
              ... especially since Eddowes' body had lain six feet under the earth for over a week before any objective comparisons could be made!

Yes, well what I meant was - I think that those who claimed the kidney could have come from Eddowes were making that assertion based on what was written in the coroner's report. Details such a length of renal artery attached compared with what was left in Eddowes and all that 'did she, didn't she' debate over Bright's Disease etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Lika View Post
                He believed he was watched by a "sinister bearded man".

I highly doubt Jack would just give away his knife especially after I read the first ripper letter.
                "My knife's so nice and sharp" seems like he liked his knife alot.
                Hi Lika,
                In England, "sinister bearded men" are often misleading.
                Think of poor Barrymore in The Hound of the Baskerville.
                More seriously, fascinated as you are by the From Hell letter, do you think it has been written by the one who signed "Jack the Ripper" in September ?

Amitiés,
                David

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                  Yes, well what I meant was - I think that those who claimed the kidney could have come from Eddowes were making that assertion based on what was written in the coroner's report.
                  Indeed, Julie. In fact Dr Brown's report, though minutely detailed, doesn't mention Bright's Disease, the length of the artery left in the body, nor the organ's "ginniness" at all. So, unless there was an unrecorded exhumation, the odds are that the entire story was nothing but brag and bluster - quite in keeping with its most prominent source, the memoirs of Henry "Gurgling-plughole" Smith.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Hi Lika,

The package that Lusk recieved was addressed to him incompletely, but it was just as his details had been published in a paper earlier that week. There is a story of a gentleman, gloved, and Irish in appearance that enters a shop a few days before the package arrived, borrowed a local paper that was in the shop with the Lusk address in it, not removing his gloves to do so, and copied down the name and addressed printed.

It has been said by some who study linguistics and graphology that there are hints of Irish in the phrasing and words in "From Hell".

Going against my old amigo Sam on this, there was opinion that Kates remaining kidney had a form of Nephritis...Brights Disease in this case, that the kidney section had been in spirits for the approximate time that had elapsed since Kates murder, and that the kidney section, "trimmed up, also revealed indications of Brights Disease. It was only even considered as Kates due to those factors.

When considering that alcoholism can contribute to this ailment, it seems reasonable to me they were correct.

That doesnt mean its Kates kidney section, only that the condition within in matches one found in Kates remaining kidney, and its been in spirits for approx the length of time that had elapsed since the murder.

On whether Catherine Eddowes was a Ripper victim, I can only say that for me she is the 3rd... with an asterix.

Like Monty I agree the methodology in the pick-up, how he subdues, the throat cut, and abdominal mutilation focus are virtually a match for the features found with Polly and Annie. My reservation about including her has more to do with the circumstances, than the specific actions taken.

Im one of the few people it would seem that dont believe what Jack the Ripper did, ONLY he could do. I think chopping bodies into individual parts reaches Jacks level of disrespect for life, and there was a killer known to do that perhaps 2 or more times during the relevant time period. Meaning...We already know there were at least 2 serial killers loose in London.

Best regards.
                    Last edited by Guest; 04-05-2009, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by perrymason View Post
                      Going against my old amigo Sam on this, there was opinion that Kates remaining kidney had a form of Nephritis...Brights Disease in this case
                      ... and the source for that is...?

Hint: not Dr Brown, the man who actually carried out the autopsy.
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

I do get your point Sam, ...but is the fact that Bond only touched one Canonical factored when assessing his opinions on how many victims there were, or what skills the killer exhibited in his chosen hobby? One thing that does puzzle me is how different the medical opinions were on some of the various questions they addressed.

Unless we can weigh them on a credibility scale, or know who of them graduated top of the class, which medical opinion to accept is problematic.

To my mind Bond is one of the most fickle with his opinion based on his comments on Alice McKenzies, and the least credible on 4 of the 5 autopsies as being the man who saw only notes....yet he is a widely respected and senior medical authority.

All I can say to address that is, George W Bush was respected by the public and his peers in 2 elections.....yet look at his personal business and military records that pre-dated the elections. And then look what happened.

Best regards Gareth.

Comment

Originally posted by perrymason View Post
                          Unless we can weigh them on a credibility scale, or know who of them graduated top of the class, which medical opinion to accept is problematic.
                          Well, Mike, we certainly shouldn't take those opinions that Eddowes herself had a "ginny" kidney and Bright's Disease at all seriously.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Mr.Hyde

Comment

There was a tatoo on the kidney.
                              It read: "Mary An..."
                              The remaining part of the sentence, well, Jack swallowed it.
                              http/en.wikipedia.org://tatoomykidney.com

Hope it helps.

Amitiés all,
                              David

Comment

Working...
                              X