No announcement yet.

If you could go back in time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mary Kellys descendants could become mad scientists and create a super race of "Shabby Genteel Robots" hell bent on taking over the world!!
    Regards Mike

Comment

I knew some women who used to do this time travel lark. They dressed up in Victorian clothes and went back to the LVP to see what it was like. They ended up getting butchered by some nutter with a knife.

Take my tip, don't do it.

Comment

I forgot to say that I also would just have to see if I could visit with Lord Rothschild, and his harness-trained zebra team.
        ~ Khanada

I laugh in the face of danger. Then I run and hide until it goes away.

Comment

For those interested in time travel and JTR, you might enjoy the novel "Jack Knife" by Virginia Baker, as it centers around this topic.

Comment

No. I want to be there. I want to see Jack. I really do. Pathetic as it sounds and I know it does but I want to see Jack.

I guess that's why we're all here. We'd all really like to see Jack. What did he look like? Then I'd want to know why? What was your motivation Jack? What skills did you have at the start? Why did you do MJK like you did? Why? Why? Why?
            http://oznewsandviews.proboards.com

Comment

Here's a new twist on time travel- If I was to go back and stop Jack from committing his very first murder, then there would never be a legend of Jack the Ripper for us to read of in the future, so none of us would be here talking about it because the case would never have existed which would negate my going back to stop him in the first place. Plus, it is the over the top murder of Mary Kelly that makes the legend complete. So I think I would go back and wait outside Mary's door with a gun, blow Jack's brains out when he came out, and leave a note on his body reading, "To Inspector Abberline: Here's your killer."

On second thought, I guess that would keep the case from being unsolved, so we still probably wouldn't be here talking about it now, etc. etc. Well, time travel is just a screwy concept, isn't it?

Comment

If time is not linear, maybe in the future they do develop a time machine and jack is actually a time traveller who's abit bored.

He shoots down glen miller, kidnaps shergar, and has created the bermuda triangle.

Comment

Time is a direction, so changing the events could land you up on the gallows for say.... timepiece stealing, mind you you could swing for a couple of shillings, but a watch? Well, i'm sure they couldn't hang you twice....NO!.

It's a strange one this topic, wanting a date with Jack, it would end up in disaster without any trip up the ailse to be jilted to be left heart-broken... amongst a few other things broken, still i wonder if the Catherine Tate sketch could ever get beaten with the infamous Jack the Ripper rendevous!

I know this, it wouldn't tickle my fancy!!!

Comment

Make it...

Mitre Square for me as well.

This was the riskiest of them all IMO.

Forgive my cruelty but I want to see this one from 2 minutes before it starts until 2 minutes after it ends.

Afterwards, I turn the time machine clock back again and prevent it from actually happening!

Comment

Me, I'd love to see who it was... But another question. Could I observe the murders and resist the urge to intervene? But I think the responsibility would be too much to bare.

Speaking of Jack The Ripper and Time Travel. Anyone see the episode of Goodnight Sweetheart where Gary goes to the wrong end of Duckett's Passage and ends up in 1888. He realizes it and is mistaken for JTR. He ends up hiding next to JTR and runs back to his own time. But turns out to escape the murders JTR was hiding in the back of Gary's shop but eventually leaves out the front door and gets hit by a car.

Comment

If I could travel back in time...
                        How many times have we, if not some of us, maybe all of us thought that thought?

Changing the course of history is dangerous. Killing Hitler would have stopped millions of deaths... it'ęs the devil you do, the devil you don't.

I think I'd just observe, see it all, write it all down, and come back.
                        And no doubt, when the Ultimate JTR book became published for all the world to see...

NO ONE WOULD BELIEVE A DAMNED WORD OF IT!

best wishes

Phil
                        Last edited by Phil Carter; 11-09-2009, 02:16 PM. Reason: spelling
                        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                        Accountability? ....

Comment

Never happen(?)

It's a sad fact that time travel will never happen.Surely if people in the future learn how to do it they would travel back to 1963 and try to stop Kennedy being shot or warn the crew of 'Titanic' 30 seconds earlier of the iceberg etc etc.
                          Mind you that being said,if I could go back to 1888 I wouldn't take a camera,I'd take a VIDEO CAMERA!!
                          Steve

Comment

Definately interesting

If I could go back in time I would probally go to the police with a Book titled 'Jack the ripper A-Z' and say "catch him this time".
                            Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Working...
                            X