No announcement yet.

the fire in MJK's room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weren't They Sifting the Ashes For Mary's Missing Heart?

Hi, everyone; thanks for the very interesting responses!

Perrymason, at the end of your previous post you mention that the Police returned to sift through the fireplace ashes a second time, and you speculate on what they might have been searching for.

I certainly don't claim to know what they were searching for, but it's always been my impression that the second search was conducted after the body and its various excised pieces were more thoroughly examined and it was discovered that Mary's HEART was unaccounted for.

It may be that other portions of the body were also missing- perhaps segments of Flesh and Fat that might have been burned- but I always thought they were re-sifting the ashes in the hopes of finding a trace of her missing Heart.

(Did any of the Doctors & Investigators ever write anything more about this particular question?) - Best regards, Archaic

Comment

Hi Archaic,

They may have entertained this possibility, but lastly found nothing but burnt clothes.
      Had Mary's heart been thrown in the fire, there would have been remains of it.

Amitiés,
      David

Comment

Hi David, Archaic,

I think David's correct when he says they would have found anything substantial during their first sieving of the ashes on Friday afternoon. They did discover the heart was missing when doing a Volte Face reconstruction of her remains, and that was later on Friday, and perhaps even through Saturday...so an argument could be made that they were searching for the heart, but reason suggests that the men who sifted again on Saturday morning were looking for something, or things, specifically. Something that might have been small enough to miss Friday afternoon, but with some markings that could be traceable even by a small fragment of the item.

Like currency, or stamps.

Interesting that a Senior Post Office official visits that room Monday or Tuesday morning, as does members of Parliament, and some of the Royal Irish Constabulary.

Not that they walked in arm and arm ....but all were said to be there. That qualifier was a preemptive "Sam-strike" maneuver.

That is an interesting mix though considering the victims heritage, her boyfriends, a recent Post Office Robbery that coincided with a Ripper crimes evening and was thought to have been by Fenians, and a second sieving for something which may have been thought identifiable if only present in minute or incomplete form.

Like the corner of a pound note, or a stamp. Just postulatin'.

Best regards all.

Comment

Working...
        X