Why No Murders In 1890??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why No Murders In 1890??

So lets hear your theories about this one.... this is mostly for those who believe that Jack killed beyond the C5..... If, and I do state IF, Jack did kill beyond Mary Jane Kelly and continued to murder, why was there no murders that took place in 1890?? .....Or was there some murders or attacks in 1890 that went unnoticed that could have been overlooked? Were there any stabbings/knife attacks etc in 1890?? Or... could he have been away from London or been ill or even had a "rest" similar to BTK etc..?

Best regards

Adam
    Last edited by Uncle Jack; 10-23-2008, 07:08 PM.
    Best regards,
    Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

It's possible he took a break like Peter Sutcliffe did. He had a year where he did not kill.

Comment

There was the Phoebe Hogg murder in October of 1890 - a huge stretch of course.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Again Mmmmmmmmm

One things that has always interested me about this is the idea of the gaps. Yes Sutcliffe had gaps but his attacks were more spaced out anyway. Jack's were so close together that I wonder what would have caused such a large gap!!!
        In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

It is strange how there are no murders at all in Whitechapel when it was such a violent place in general. I was certain that there would be at least some sort of unsolved stabbing case. Very odd but not uncommon I suppose.
          Best regards,
          Adam

Comment

The whole 1890 gap is still a mystery to me. If Jack killed McKenzie and Coles, then there is a 19 month gap. Even if you believe that he killed the Pinchin Street victim, that is still a 17 month gap. Maybe he did suffer an illness for a certain length of time. Im surprised the press never attributed anything to the Ripper during this year.
            Best regards,
            Adam

Comment

If jack only did the C5 do you think it's possible he did them in a short period of time because he knew he didn't have a long period of time to commit the murders?
              I mean that he might have known his days were numbered for some reason.

Comment

Your guess is as good as anyone else's. I think Jack did five then either died or was jailed or institionalised. If he went OS he'd have started again. I don't think Jack killed any other than those in the canon.
                http://oznewsandviews.proboards.com

Comment

I've always thought...

timing was essential to JtR.

1890 wasn't the right time to kill for him. 1888 was perfect by his calender. July 1889 fit the bill. Apparently so did February 1891.

Comment

There were no murders in 1890 as Jack the Ripper didn't murder after 1889 and not in London after 1888.

Comment

its possible that he wasn't in the country and then came back...
                      like George Chapman

Comment

Murders in 1890??

If we do assume that Jack killed after 1888 (which I don't really think I agree with) then one would assume that a break was caused by a lack of freedom. One that comes to mind is that he was jailed for an unrelated crime for a short period.

Comment

I've never been able to convince myself that JtR wasn't fighting against time in these killings.

If you accept merely the August to November 1888 murders and nothing beyond, it still is a fight against time. He was working on some kind of time table for these murders. Not the time spent in the execution of the crimes at the locations themselves but against the calender in his mind. A very distorted vision of time & dates.

Comment

Either he was in jail--caught for doing something else, died-natural or other means, or "reformed"--which is highly doubtful

Comment

My take is that his urges died away after Miller's Court.
                              Not as Macnaghten interpreted it ("awful glut", ie: he couldn't do more than that, so...), but because Mary was the motive.

Amitiés,
                              David

Comment

Working...
                              X