The Cachous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John G View Post
    Perhaps. However, I would then expect to see even more soiling on the clothes. And, of course, that doesn't explain the lack of impact injuries after being thrown on the footpath.

Moreover, in your model why do you think this wasn't just a common domestic dispute?After all, as you pointed out yourself Stride was standing in the gateway, suggesting she was waiting for someone she knew.
    Hi JohnG
    A logical fallacy, I see time and again on these boards are when people expect a certain outcome, such as damaged cloths, spilled caschous, body in a certain position,blood not on the front of the clothes etc., and when they don't see what they think should happen come to a rock hard conclusion that something must happened or not happened. That's incorrect.

For example. No blood was found on strides front of clothes. So people draw the hard and steadfast conclusion that she must have had her throat cut while lying immobilized on her back. Actually, the only hard and steadfast conclusion you can come to is that people reported that there was no blood on her front. That's it.

Now, you can say they liklihood of finding blood on her front would be greater if she was killed standing up, and forensics experts would probably say the same.

But, there could be any number of reasons why it was reported there was no blood found on her front, other than she lying on her back when cut. For example, she may have leaning forward when her throat was cut and the spray didn't get on her cloths, she may have been standing upright but the tightened scarf acted like a tourniquet, or there was some blood on her front but not a lot and it was reported that there was none.

Just because something does or does not happen as you expect does not mean you can just throw out all the other possibilities. Especially making such a huge leap (2 leaps actually)by ruling out bs man as strides killer because she was holding caschous when found. She could have taken them out after the first assault, he could have placed then their himself after she was killed, or she held onto them through the attack. Any number of scenarios.

The only rock hard conclusion you can come to in this case is that she was found holding caschous when she was found. Everything else is just speculation. Period.
    Last edited by Abby Normal; 05-19-2015, 04:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
      The exact details are in the inquest testimony !!

Morris Eagle: "The gateway is 9 ft. 2 in. wide"

PC Lamb: "The feet of the deceased extended just to the swing of the gate"

Therefore, her feet were just over 4 and half feet from the gateway. (or one good push and two strides away from where she was standing)
      Hi Jon,

If you literally believe what PC Lamb said, then you would be right. However, also in the inquest testimony is that Morris Eagle deposed that Stride’s feet were about 6 or 7 feet from the gates and Dr. Blackwell stated that they were even 3 yards from the gateway.

All the best,
      Frank
      "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
      Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        Hi JohnG
        A logical fallacy, I see time and again on these boards are when people expect a certain outcome, such as damaged cloths, spilled caschous, body in a certain position,blood not on the front of the clothes etc., and when they don't see what they think should happen come to a rock hard conclusion that something must happened or not happened. That's incorrect.

For example. No blood was found on strides front of clothes. So people draw the hard and steadfast conclusion that she must have had her throat cut while lying immobilized on her back. Actually, the only hard and steadfast conclusion you can come to is that people reported that there was no blood on her front. That's it.

Now, you can say they liklihood of finding blood on her front would be greater if she was killed standing up, and forensics experts would probably say the same.

But, there could be any number of reasons why it was reported there was no blood found on her front, other than she lying on her back when cut. For example, she may have leaning forward when her throat was cut and the spray didn't get on her cloths, she may have been standing upright but the tightened scarf acted like a tourniquet, or there was some blood on her front but not a lot and it was reported that there was none.

Just because something does or does not happen as you expect does not mean you can just throw out all the other possibilities. Especially making such a huge leap (2 leaps actually)by ruling out bs man as strides killer because she was holding caschous when found. She could have taken them out after the first assault, he could have placed then their himself after she was killed, or she held onto them through the attack. Any number of scenarios.

The only rock hard conclusion you can come to in this case is that she was found holding caschous when she was found. Everything else is just speculation. Period.
        Hi Abby,

When I mentioned soiling I was referring to Batman's argument about Stride being dragged into the Yard. As regards the lack of blood, having had the opportunity to read Dr Biggs' opinion, the forensic pathologist engaged by Trevor Marriott, I am no longer of the opinion that Stride's throat was necessarily cut whilst she was on, or close, to the ground. In fact, I now think it possible that it could have been cut whilst she was in an upright position, regardless as to whether the scarf was used as a tourniquet.

Regarding the cachous, as I noted in an earlier post, I am now wondering what might have happened if Stride fell sideways, after being spun round, rather than forward or backwards. Is it possible that, in such a scenario, she may have instinctively tucked her arm into her body, like a sling, maybe with her hand clenched, so that her shoulder would take the impact?

From the perspective of BS man, if he was the killer I think it likely this was a domestic incident, not JtR. In fact, this would allow for the possibility that he didn't initially intend murder, and may have walked away after seeing off Schwartz. Stride may then have taken out the cachous, thinking he was going, to help her recover from the shock. He then may have changed his mind, quickly returning and committing the murder.

Moreover, as I've also noted, if he was the same man that Marshall saw with Stride then he clearly had a great deal of patience, even charm. And it would probably mean that he was wondering around the locality with Stride for at least an hour, with plenty of opportunity to choose an ideal location to launch an attack, if that was his intent. Why then did he suddenly lose patience and attack Stride in a far from ideal location, I.e on the street in front of two witnesses?

And if Stride was thrown to the ground, why no injuries, bruising or breaking of the skin of any kind?
        Last edited by John G; 05-19-2015, 05:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankO View Post
          If you literally believe what PC Lamb said, then you would be right. However, also in the inquest testimony is that Morris Eagle deposed that Stride’s feet were about 6 or 7 feet from the gates and Dr. Blackwell stated that they were even 3 yards from the gateway.
          Hi Frank

I do literally believe what PC Lamb said, because:

1) He was a policeman
          2) He was initially in charge of the crime scene.
          3) He closed the gates and was aware of the sweep of the gate.

Comment

• Why didn't the couple having this domestic not turn up to falsify Schwartz? The investigators and witnesses surely couldn't have missed them given a domestic inherently suggests their local. What have they got to hide? You even agreed BSman had nothing to hide because there was no struggle as you suggest.
            Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Well, at least one couple failed to come forward-the couple noticed by Fanny Mortimer. If it was a domestic killing, rather than JtR, BS man clearly can't be completely ruled out.
              Last edited by John G; 05-19-2015, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Hi Abby,

When I mentioned soiling I was referring to Batman's argument about Stride being dragged into the Yard. As regards the lack of blood, having had the opportunity to read Dr Biggs' opinion, the forensic pathologist engaged by Trevor Marriott, I am no longer of the opinion that Stride's throat was necessarily cut whilst she was on, or close, to the ground. In fact, I now think it possible that it could have been cut whilst she was in an upright position, regardless as to whether the scarf was used as a tourniquet.

Regarding the cachous, as I noted in an earlier post, I am now wondering what might have happened if Stride fell sideways, after being spun round, rather than forward or backwards. Is it possible that, in such a scenario, she may have instinctively tucked her arm into her body, like a sling, maybe with her hand clenched, so that her shoulder would take the impact?

From the perspective of BS man, if he was the killer I think it likely this was a domestic incident, not JtR. In fact, this would allow for the possibility that he didn't initially intend murder, and may have walked away after seeing off Schwartz. Stride may then have taken out the cachous, thinking he was going, to help her recover from the shock. He then may have changed his mind, quickly returning and committing the murder.

Moreover, as I've also noted, if he was the same man that Marshall saw with Stride then he clearly had a great deal of patience, even charm. And it would probably mean that he was wondering around the locality with Stride for at least an hour, with plenty of opportunity to choose an ideal location to launch an attack, if that was his intent. Why then did he suddenly lose patience and attack Stride in a far from ideal location, I.e on the street in front of two witnesses?

And if Stride was thrown to the ground, why no injuries, bruising or breaking of the skin of any kind?
                Hi JohnG

As regards the lack of blood, having had the opportunity to read Dr Biggs' opinion, the forensic pathologist engaged by Trevor Marriott, I am no longer of the opinion that Stride's throat was necessarily cut whilst she was on, or close, to the ground. In fact, I now think it possible that it could have been cut whilst she was in an upright position, regardless as to whether the scarf was used as a tourniquet
                Cool. so do I, and I appreciate you have an open mind on it.

Yes. Absolutely. Schwartz never said anything about exactly how she fell, or even if she used her hands to brace herself.

Yes. this is entirely possible. I tend to think there is corroboration that he was JtR though, because of the witnesses descriptions, including lawende who all describe a suspect wearing a peaked cap.

Because he was trying to finagle her into a secluded location, like he had with the previous, and when he finally realized it wasn't going to happen, and he had spent considerable time and money with her, he lost his temper.
                I don't think he was aware of the other two witnesses.

Because it didn't cause any.

Comment

• Hi Abby,

Yes, Dr Biggs' opinions are quite enlightening. It seems that there's quite a lot that even modern day forensic pathology cannot determine with any degree of certainty. And arterial spurting is apparently fairly uncommon, so there's no reason that the throat couldn't have been cut whilst Stride was in an upright position.

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                    Hello DJA. Interesting post. But I thought the Jewish soup kitchen was not quite at #6?

Believe there is an old thread on this?

Cheers.
                    LC
                    4,5 and 6 Fashion Street were houses.

The soup kitchen was at the rear of all three and probably accessed via number 4.

They back onto 30 Flower and Dean Street.

Stride sometimes resided at 32.
                    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Hi Abby,

I totally agree with you, and what we can see of the angle of the cut also suggests that

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                        Hello Batman. Thanks.

Looking at your post #246 reminds me of the peace of God--it passes understanding. I have no idea where or how you arrive at this hopeless jumble.

However, we DO agree on one thing. You said something about a "no-brainer." Obvious example.

Cheers.
                        LC
                        This is literally the best insult I have ever read. Never before this moment have I called in my fiance from another room to read something on this board, and I was laughing so hard I could only just sort of wave at my screen.

Batman, it has nothing to with agreeing or disagreeing with the content.

But that was just poetry. Really I just have to pause and admire it before going back to content.
                        The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                          Hi Frank

I do literally believe what PC Lamb said, because:

1) He was a policeman
                          2) He was initially in charge of the crime scene.
                          3) He closed the gates and was aware of the sweep of the gate.
                          Hi Jon,

Only with 3) you make somewhat of a point, although it doesn't mean that Stride's feet needed to have almost touched the gate when it was being closed. A foot away would not be stretching Lamb's remark that Stride's feet extended just to the swing of the gate.

All the best,
                          Frank
                          "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                          Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

• I think we need to talk about the kerchief for a second.

The only way for it to have tightened around her neck would be if someone grabbed it and twisted it, assuming there was room between the scarf and the neck to do that. Kerchiefs are tied like shoelaces. Yank all you want on it, all you are going to tighten is the knot. The circumference of the scarf itself won't change.

But there likely was not a lot of room for a man to get his hand in there. Likely just his fingers. He could manipulate her with it pull he towards him, yank her around, but he can't drag her by it, certainly not while she's still living. His fingers would have slipped out over and over, releasing her.

On the other hand, because the scarf is silk, it might as well be a steel collar around her neck. It was never going to tear, or break, or come untied. As far as methods of control go, it was almost perfect. Had it been looser or bigger it would have been the same as a dog collar.

And while I am sure the as she was being murdered the scarf deprived her of oxygen for short periods, nothing suggests she was strangled with it.
                            The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Errata View Post
                              I think we need to talk about the kerchief for a second.

The only way for it to have tightened around her neck would be if someone grabbed it and twisted it, assuming there was room between the scarf and the neck to do that. Kerchiefs are tied like shoelaces. Yank all you want on it, all you are going to tighten is the knot. The circumference of the scarf itself won't change.

But there likely was not a lot of room for a man to get his hand in there. Likely just his fingers. He could manipulate her with it pull he towards him, yank her around, but he can't drag her by it, certainly not while she's still living. His fingers would have slipped out over and over, releasing her.

On the other hand, because the scarf is silk, it might as well be a steel collar around her neck. It was never going to tear, or break, or come untied. As far as methods of control go, it was almost perfect. Had it been looser or bigger it would have been the same as a dog collar.

And while I am sure the as she was being murdered the scarf deprived her of oxygen for short periods, nothing suggests she was strangled with it.
                              Hello Errata,

Don`t agree. Tied loosely over the er.. bosom there would have been plenty of room. I donīt mean that the knot was particularly loose, but that scarf/neckerchief was hung loosely round the neck.

While I`m on this subject, the translation of "threw her to the ground" could have been wrongly expressed, in the heat of the moment and by two exitable Hungarians. If we can accept that "screamed three times but not loudly" as "cried out three times", I think "threw her to the ground" could just as well have been "forced her to the ground". Not as dramatic, but I think quite likely. Forced her to the ground/pavement, grab and twist the scarf (choking her into unconsciousness, if only briefly) and then cutting the throat. I still think that the blood on the back of her hand could have got there by her coming to and putting her hand to her throat before passing out again.

Probably have said all this before, but there you are.

Best wishes,

C4

Comment

• Originally posted by Errata View Post
                                I think we need to talk about the kerchief for a second.

Hi Errata,

Yes, I agree. I think it would have been just about impossible to pull Stride along the ground with a scarf. A silk scarf isn't a rope and pulley system!

Comment

Working...
                                X