Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cachou Clue?

Hi all

I thought I'd start another thread, to have a fresh look at something regarding Elizabeth Stride.

It has of course been documented in the past that Elizabeth Stride sometimes went by the name of Annie Fitzgerald (I believe that this has yet to be either disproved or validated) and that she had once suffered a "fit" while being returned to her holding cell.

In fact, Stride was alleged to have suffered from some form of fits.
    Coincidentally, it was also documented that Stride had a brother who suffered from fits.

This by itself is relatively insignificant.

However, what if the particular type of fits that she suffered from (if she indeed did suffer from fits)have been misunderstood all this time?

So, here's my thoughts...

What if Stride did suffer from fits and she had a fit on the night of her murder...

BUT...what if it wasn't some form of epileptic fit...

What if Stride suffered from Hypoglycemia?

Or low blood sugar

What if Stride was standing by the gateway and felt unwell...and reached for her Cachou?

What IF Stride was talking with her killer but had a hypoglycemic fit as she tried to put a cachou in her mouth?

I had assumed that Cachou were used as some form of breath freshener, but another member recently confirmed to me that Cachou were actually "sweetmeats"...and contained a high density of sugar...

To me, that sounds like a perfect thing to chew or suck on to give them a sugar boost and therefore prevent themselves from going into a hypoglycemic coma.

And what is one of the main physical signs of a hypoglycemic fit... rigidity in the body, ergo, her hand clenched and may have restricted her from dropping the packet of Cachou as she fell...

There is also another tantalizing clue and mockery made by the author of a certain Dear Boss letter...

In which the writer states...

"That joke about leather apron gave me real FITS"

and then later...

"Red ink is FIT enough Ha Ha"

Is the writer of Dear Boss mocking Stride?

Did Stride have a fit and fall to the floor before she could place a sugary Cachou in her mouth?

And did the man simply watch her and then bend down and cut her throat rather than helping her?

RD
    Last edited by The Rookie Detective; 10-12-2023, 09:02 PM.
    "Great minds, don't think alike"

Hi RD,

Have you ever observed hypoglycemia?
    Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
      Hi RD,

Have you ever observed hypoglycemia?
      Yes. Not nice.

RD

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post

Yes. Not nice.

RD
        I know you like to play with new angles, but I think your a bit wide of the mark with this one. Are you suggesting a tonic type hypoglycemia induced seizure, she just keels over and the killer strikes?
        Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

No, I'm suggesting that she carried the Cachou on her person to take when she felt unwell and that she may have either had a fit or a fit was induced by her having been shocked by being attacked.

Shock actively drops your sugar levels, as does someone with chronic kidney disease.

Not saying these played a part, but it may explain why she never dropped the Cachou from between her thumb and forefinger when she wither fell or was thrown to the floor. There is muscle rigidity associated with hypoglycemia and so her muscles may have gone into spasm to restrict her dropping the Cachou.

Her brother suffered from fits
          She was alleged to have also suffered from fits.

When you add this to the cachou being densely sweet
          Her not dropping the cachou
          And a distinct lack of a struggle

It may suggest she was physically unable to respond to her attacker.

The other point is that IF Schwartz is to be believed (I think he made it up) then could the 3 screams that weren't very loud, have been her having a fit and there ebing a disruption to her ability to scream properly due to muscle spasm in her throat/mouth

With a hypo fit, the person's mouth becomes rigid and the jaw like stone and it becomes difficult to open the mouth.

Could the killer have taken advantage of Stride having had a fit?

RD

Comment

Can't say I'm seeing it myself RD, but that's just me. Nothing wrong with a bit of left field thinking, keeps things interesting.
            Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
              Can't say I'm seeing it myself RD, but that's just me. Nothing wrong with a bit of left field thinking, keeps things interesting.
              I appreciate your feedback and respect your views. I admit that compared to the vast majority of members on here, that I know comparitively little with regards to the intricacies of the case as a whole and I am constantly learning from others like yourself and building a knowledge base that then allows me to try and think outside the box.
              I'm aware that most of my hypotheses are not what I'd consider mainstream but I'd like to think that over time I might hit the mark unexpectedly and be the catalyst for additional ways of thinking about the case.

Regards

RD

Comment

Hypoglycemia wasn't identified as a medical condition until 1922, so it's nigh-on impossible that Stride was carrying cachous around as a remedy.
                Last edited by Sam Flynn; 10-13-2023, 09:57 AM.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                  Hypoglycemia wasn't identified as a medical condition until 1922, so it's nigh-on impossible that Stride was carrying cachous around as a remedy.
                  Brilliant observation Sam and that proves that she definitely didn't have the cachou specifically for her sugar levels and to remedy her fits.

However, there is one fact that still remains; Stride was alleged to have suffered from fits, as did her brother.

And so even though the sugar angle is proven to be wrong, Stride may still have had a fit for another reason.

She once had a fit after she was charged for a previous offense.

Perhaps this was an act, or perhaps the shock of being charged initiated her having a fit.

Could this same reaction have happened when she was initially attacked and explain why she fell to the floor still holding the cachou?

RD

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post
                    Hi all

I thought I'd start another thread, to have a fresh look at something regarding Elizabeth Stride.

RD
                    Serial killers generally employ a ruse to distract.

I think the cachous is that ruse.

Given to Liz by her killer, and while she's looking down at the cachous trying to take one out, Jack strikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post

Serial killers generally employ a ruse to distract.

I think the cachous is that ruse.

Given to Liz by her killer, and while she's looking down at the cachous trying to take one out, Jack strikes.
                      Not a bad theory.

Comment

Working...
                      X