Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• details

Hello Cris. Thanks.

"And maybe they had checked into her antecedents as would normally occur in a criminal investigation."

I am nearly sure of it.

"She had been arrested for soliciting in Whitechapel."

I may have heard this somewhere on a previous occasion. Would you, perchance, have the details/date--without too much trouble?

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

• nice work Colin. very intereting!

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
        Hello Cris. Thanks.

"And maybe they had checked into her antecedents as would normally occur in a criminal investigation."

I am nearly sure of it.

"She had been arrested for soliciting in Whitechapel."

I may have heard this somewhere on a previous occasion. Would you, perchance, have the details/date--without too much trouble?
        Am at work right now using an android, but I think I found the link.

Best Wishes,
        Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• thanks

Hello Cris. Thanks.

Yes, she had several D & D's.

Perhaps we can find the original later.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

• Lyn, if a woman is hanging around the outside of the victorian equivalent of a nightclub at one in the morning, of course she was a brass. Would you be hanging around an alleyway outside a nightclub at one in the morning? of course you wouldn't.

But i appreciate you are making me prove every point, lol.Best wishes, Bob.

Comment

• The original point I was making was that if Stride wasn't a JTR victim, then the evidence from this killing means diddley squat, because it wasn't Jack's work.

Comment

• night club

Hello Bob. Thanks.

Night club?

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

• Hullo bobh

Originally posted by bobh View Post
                  The original point I was making was that if Stride wasn't a JTR victim, then the evidence from this killing means diddley squat, because it wasn't Jack's work.
                  Exactly. So determining if Stride was or wasn't a victim of "JTR" progresses the investigation. If she happens to be then may be able to learn more about the killer.
                  Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobh View Post
                    The original point I was making was that if Stride wasn't a JTR victim, then the evidence from this killing means diddley squat, because it wasn't Jack's work.
                    I beg to differ Bob, if Liz Stride was not killed by the fellow nicknamed Jack, then we do not have a "series" of killings...therefore its unlikely we have a "serial" killer...nor a Canonical Group, we do not have a Double Event,...which removes the argument used to explain the new wounds found on Kate's face, anger from his murder interruptus on Berner Street,...and we would have evidence that at least 1 other man was slicing womens throats that Fall.

There are many reasons to question Strides inclusion in that Group of Five, and a fair bit of re-evaluating would be needed to understand what exactly did take place that Fall.

Cheers

Comment

• Hullo

The exclusion of Stride is not a deal breaker by any means. The possible reason for Eddowes' facial mutilations being his thwarting at Berner Street, is only one of many. One might argue his being thwarted since Chapman just as likely. I might suggest simply this-more canvas. A second individual slitting women's throats is the better thing to focus on to try and determine ic we are dealing with a serial murderer. Imao.
                      Last edited by Digalittledeeperwatson; 06-14-2013, 01:50 AM.
                      Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Michael W Richards;263979........

There are many reasons to question Strides inclusion in that Group of Five, and a fair bit of re-evaluating would be needed to understand what exactly did take place that Fall.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Indeed Sir, indeed.
                        Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

• Michael, as you are no doubt aware, the definition of a serial killer is someone who kills on three or more separate occasions, so even if Stride was taken out of the equation, Jack would still be regarded as a serial killer. And we would still have a series of killings, but 4 instead of 5.

The argument put forward by DLDW is a valid one, that Eddowes' injuries may just have easily been caused by him venting his frustration at not being able to kill since Chapman, as opposed to being disturbed at Dutfields yard.

Best wishes, Bob.

Comment

• For what its worth, I think Tabram was JTR's first victim, but I've posted my thoughts on that thread,

Bob.

Comment

• Hullo and thanks bobh!

I tend to not get wrapped up in any of the times. I see them as approximations of one's perception of time lest there is a proven means for them to know i.e. Blackwell. Dimshitz stated in was a little before one on the clock he saw at the shop he passed. I don't recall which one. PC Lamb stated he encountered the men who alerted him to the murder a little before one. Those statements are not congruent. Blackwell having his own timepiece is where I start. Then work backwards. Initially he stated that the murder occured no more than 20 min. Later changed it to between 20-30. Currently I am thinking closer to the 20 min mark than the 30 min mark. It is stated she was still bleeding upon discovery. PC Lamb shouldn't like to say she was, and Blackwell's assistant said she wasn't when he arrived. It appears to be highly unlikely she would have bled for 15min. It was also stated by, which doctor I can not recall, the partial severing of carotid artery would have taken approx 1 1/2 min for her to die from. Apparently slower.
                              Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobh View Post
                                For what its worth, I think Tabram was JTR's first victim, but I've posted my thoughts on that thread,

Bob.
                                I am not quick to dismiss it as a good possibility. So you are in Good company.
                                Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

Working...
                                X