No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Stride's Suicide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because Coroners are bound by law to make a formal declaration...but I suspect you know that anyway.

Comment

Simon, people don't just leap at things like that. Even those who believed in the letter and postcard would have allowed for the possibility that they were wrong.

Comment

Brown told the coroner on Oct 4th that Kate's wounds could not possibly have been self-inflicted. This too was after the postcard. I don't see any difference between Brown saying this and Blackwell saying it, except that with the Stride inquest the question of suicide was a possibility that one could at least consider.

Comment

The Coroner

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
          Because Coroners are bound by law to make a formal declaration...but I suspect you know that anyway.
          Hi Dave,

Entirely right. The coroner has to consider all possibilities. Where there is only one wound (as here) the possibility of suicide, however remote, has to be seen to have been considered, even if it is then quickly discarded.

On the issue of a "double event" posted earlier (& at the risk of the inevitable accusation of pedantry):

There were two women killed in the street within an hour / half mile of each other. That there was a "double event" is therefore beyond dispute IMHO. Whether the same hand was responsible for both deaths is the only issue.

(Anyone got a hard hat they can lend me?!)

Regards, Bridewell.
          I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

treble event

Hello Colin. No need for one. Put that way, you are quite right.

Of course, given that a certain Mrs. Brown also was killed by knife in London that night, let's talk about a "treble event" shall we? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

Working...
            X