Arbeter Fraint's Take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 cheers for Chris.

Hello All. I think a HUGE thanks goes to Chris Phillips, for without his hard work, there would be no AF to translate.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

I'm surprised you weren't aware of this Lynn. The press was full of it for a couple days. "Cachous in her left hand, grapes in her right". LOL. (Apple in her mouth? Apologies for the disrespectful pun.)

Just to clarify: There was NO grapestalk found in the Yard and the fruit stains on Stride's handkerchief were old.
      Best regards,
      Maria

Comment

imagine that

Hello Maria. Yes, I've heard it before, but it paints an odd picture. Try visualising it and you'll see what I mean.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

Originally posted by mariab View Post
          Oh Lynn, don't worry about the grapes. It's a known fact .....
          Oops, here we are again, inventing our own 'facts'.

Diemshitz got duped on this
          When, where & by whom?

The "grapes" were most plausibly blood "clots" tranferred from her neck to her hand by Dr. Johnston when he examined the body and checked her pulse
          Actually this is not true.
          I think it was PC Lamb who felt the blood to see if it was clotted, then felt her wrist, before Johnston arrived.
          He was the one who transferred the blood to her wrist. There was no clotted blood in her hands, it was on her wrist.
          She couldn't hold grapes on her wrist

No, the action of PC Lamb taking hold of her wrist would dislodge the few remaining grapes which fell down the front of her chest to the mud, between her body and the wall. Which was why no-one could see them after that.

Simple...
          And I was sure that good old Wick would get motivated to start about Packer and his “suspect“ all over again.
          I will huff, & puff, until you admit your peccadilloes !

Regards, Jon S.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

spat

Hello Jon, Maria. Ah! Good to hear a family spat again. Good old Liz has been dormant for awhile. Glad she woke up.

So, where's Christer?

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

Just to clarify: There was NO grapestalk found in the Yard and the fruit stains on Stride's handkerchief were old.
              You are required to provide independent references, police, doctors, etc. to substantiate these claims, Maria.

Regards, Jon S.
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Hello Lynn,

I wonder why I get the odd feeling that some, after reading this very much 'at the scene' 'on the spot, people involved' report will be frantically book looking-up, triple checking, re-writing and reason/excuse making. Schwartz....who?
                How long before this article is deemed 'unreliable'?

Best wishes

Phil
                Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                Accountability? ....

Comment

research

Hello Phil. Well, I just wish I knew how far to trust it.

Also wish I knew about those three new people. I think that Debs has already begun sniffing them out.

More new research.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                    Hello Jon, Maria. Ah! Good to hear a family spat again. Good old Liz has been dormant for awhile. Glad she woke up.

So, where's Christer?

Cheers.
                    LC
                    Hi Lynn.
                    Well, it's about time some of these "so-called" facts were put up to scrutiny, but this is the wrong thread to do it though.
                    Offering an explanation is quite a different matter to insisting that this explanation is actually a fact.
                    To take this approach is to do a great disservice to Ripper research.

Regards, Jon S.
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

discussion

Hello Jon. Actually, this seems JUST the thread for such discussion. When I saw the grape story and the unusual time, I hoped that there would be discussion.

Have at thee. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

Hello Phil. Well, I just wish I knew how far to trust it.
                        Regardless, it is nice to have another perspective.
                        Thanks again..

Regards, Jon S.
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

pot pourri post

Cool that Debs is looking up those 3 anarchists. As I said, willing to bet that Gilyarovsky is the correct transliteration for Isaac Kozebrodsky.

To Lynn about trusting sources:
                          NO source can be trusted at 100%. What this AF report transparently gives us is the Club's agenda. Compared to the other newspaper reports, it gives us several hints which can help us attain an interpretation of the events on Berner Street. Hint #1: The police was pressuring the Club, also about their cigar contraband. Hint #2: No trace of Schwartz. This requires an explanation, and I might have one. #3: Time of death and the "grapes" are not important in this report in my opinion, as they are mentioned only en passant. What this story concentrates in is the clubmembers' wrath against the police and their feeling pressured. Plus compassion about the slain prostitutes.

Maria, call me a crackpot--I've been called that before--but I sincerely believe that one of the lads saw Liz being done. And I believe the clock read 12:40-12:45. And THAT is what inspired the time of the Schwartz story.
                          Lynn, I'm aware since a good while ago that this is the theory that you endorse, and I would NEVER call you a crackpot. ;-)
                          My own theory is that several Club members (though probably not Schwartz) might have seen Stride together with her assailant and might have even thrown Stride out of the Yard shortly before her death. The IWEC possibly already had their own opinion on who did Stride. And THAT (in my interpretation) is what inspired the Schwartz story (with Pipeman thrown in prominently, but without directly implicating him).

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                          Quote mariab: Diemshitz got duped on this
                          When, where & by whom?
                          On Sept. 30 1888, in Dutfields' Yard, by his own eyesight.

PC Lamb arrived shortly before Dr. Johnston, but it was Johnston who reportedly opened Stride's dress and examined her neck wound, THEN took her pulse on her wrist. Fresh, semi-clotted blood would run from her wrist to her palm/fingers. This is the only plausible explanation for the "grapes" since we know (and the police knew) that Packer lied.

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                          You are required to provide independent references, police, doctors, etc. to substantiate these claims, Maria.
                          I'll provide all of this in my article. For starters, just read the inquest Wickerman.
                          Last edited by mariab; 03-20-2012, 05:49 AM.
                          Best regards,
                          Maria

Comment

picture

Hello Jon.

"Regardless, it is nice to have another perspective."

It is indeed. And the trick is to keep all of it in balance and hope that a clearer picture emerges.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

On Sept. 30 1888, in Dutfields' Yard, by his own eyesight.

PC Lamb arrived shortly before Dr. Johnston, but it was Johnston who reportedly opened Stride's dress and examined her neck wound, THEN took her pulse on her wrist. Fresh, semi-clotted blood would run from her wrist to her palm/fingers. This is the only plausible explanation for the "grapes" since we know (and the police knew) that Packer lied.
                              Which makes me ask why you ignored PC Lamb's statement:

Daily Telegraph:
                              As I was examining the deceased the crowd gathered round,

[Coroner] Up to this time had you touched the body? - I had put my hand on the face.
                              [Coroner] Was it warm? - Slightly. I felt the wrist, but could not discern any movement of the pulse.

Times:
                              I put my hand on the face and found it slightly warm. I then felt the wrist, but could not feel the pulse.

PC Lamb was also asked if the blood had clotted. As he could only determine this by touch, not by sight especially in the dark, we know he touched the clotted blood.

This was before Johnston arrived!

Regards, Jon S.
                              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

respondeo quod

Hello Maria.

"Hint #1: The police was pressuring the Club, also about their cigar contraband."

Yes, the club was being watched constantly. As Tom has argued, they felt they needed to struggle to survive.

"Hint #2: No trace of Schwartz. This requires an explanation, and I might have one."

So might I--BS, and I don't refer to "Broad Shoulders."

The time, if correct, is significant ONLY to dispel the older version of mutilatus interruptus.

"My own theory is that several Club members (though probably not Schwartz) might have seen Stride together with her assailant and might have even thrown Stride out of the Yard shortly before her death. The IWEC possibly already had their own opinion on who did Stride. And THAT (in my interpretation) is what inspired the Schwartz story (with Pipeman thrown in prominently, but without directly implicating him)."

I can live with that.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X